Sunday, July 20, 2008
Each camper received a travel journal for recording their thoughts and activities throughout the week. Here are some of their first impressions of Fort McKavett and the ride to camp.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tell someone about your trip to Fort McKavett today.
What did you see? Who did you meet?
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I rode 156 miles to fort McKavett and I made a new friend . her name is Fina and Klara, Fina and I have been having a lot of fun together . I miss you and wish you are doing well.
Athena A.
Dear Mom and Dad
Today I had lost of fun we saw and herd about the commenders office the food was great I am really having fun.
Yesenia C.
Dear mother,
Today I met the rest of my teachers and met other people of the camp I cant name them all but I like it here at camp.
Alexis G.
Dear Mom, Elsyssia, Grandma, and Grandpa,
Today I got a tour of the camp, and I made some new friends. I got pictures to tell you about when I get home. I really like this camp. I LOVE YOU.
Isaac E.
Dear Mom, Dad, Isabella, Louie,
Today I went to Fort McKavett. First we got on the bus. We drove for a very long time. When we got there we got our bags. Then we went to our cabins. Then we march to the flag and then we took it down. My group takes it down tomorrow.
Love.
Joey S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I finally got to Fort McKavett, it was a long trip. 396 miles! The beds aren’t very comfortable, but everything else is great. Oh and we visited the ruins of the commander’s old house. See you in a week!
Jesus R.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to march and had a lot of fun and I saw some people from Menard.
Jade J
Dear Mom & Dad,
Today I traveled from Kelly Elementary at about 11:30. I met Athena who is 10 years old! The bus ride was loooong!!! It was also fun! We had lunch from Quizno. Write to you later
Fina
Dear Mom & Dad,
Today I had a great day. I still miss you but the good news is I have a new best friend. And I acted like a solider because they taught me how to march. I always remember you guys.
Viviana P.
Dear Mom,
Today I had fun and learned how to walk like a soldier. Mom I miss you.
Roman C.
Dear Mom,
Today I met some new friends, and saw a large mountains, our dorms and a giant well. Then I saw bulls, sheep, cows and goats. And I realize that this use to be a old battlefield. They taught me how to march.
Rabian M.
Dear Mom,
Today I saw some goats, bulls, cows, and sheep. And I met a new girl named Charian. And we were practicing the army steps by a guy named John who can yell really loud.
Arhur L.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to march. I ate supper. We got settled in to the barracks. I got yelled at by Jon. When he was teaching us how to march. We had fun.
Tristan H
Dear Family,
Today I got my bunk at in the corner of the barracks. We then went to take down the big flag. After that we ate dinner. Finally we finished practicing marching.
?
Dear Family:
Today I was excited about this trip. During the trip I saw mountains, different rivers, sheeps, and different kinds of trees. I like seeing the flag being lowered. Also we got to pick our own beds in the barracks. I met two new people named Sharron and Heaven.
Rhea W.
Dear Grandma:
Today I got to blog what I wrote in my journal. Grandma I loved watching the flag lowering ceremony today. Tonight I am going to sleep in the long barracks.
Isaiah T.
Dear Mom and Dad:
Today I got my bed. Met me counselors. Dinner was good. I had a good time.
Will M.
Dear Mom:
Today I watched the flag go down. I liked when we went marching.
Jose M.
Dear Mom:
Today I saw the flag go down and they had very delicious spice cakes for dessert. And I had so much fun today but it was very, very hot. I learned a lot about the historical cultures, they were very interesting. And I hope to have fun for the rest of the week. The counselors are great and they are very smart and nice.
Love,
Heaven
Dear Mom:
Today it was so much fun and it was hot out here and there are good spice cakes. I love you mom and I miss you.
Itzel M.
Dear Mom:
Today I did drills, let down the flag, picked dorms, ate lunch. I miss you.
Lanny M.
Dear Mom, Dad, Grandma, and William,
Today I attended the lowering of the flag ceremony and toured the captain’s quarters. I also learned to march.
Love,
Bennett T.
Dear mom and dad,
Today I met a new friend in the bus his name is Jorden. We took a tour around the camp. We saw the ruins. To go to the pool we have to get in the van to go to the pool. We also played a game when we got here the game was very fun. I love you.
Gabriel R.
Dear Momma,
Today I got settled in and got to know a few people. We did a lot of things people in the army would do. I had fun , but I’m tired.
Charryon S.
Dear Ariel,
Today I got on the bus at 7:30 a.m. , and traveled 396 miles to Fort McKavett it took forever and we were driving in a van . It took forever 6 hours!!! Can you believe that? Oh well , but we got here it was really fun we got to march and do some soldier commands .We ate here so good dinner and dessert we ate like a family . It was s really fun day , but I am really tired right now I really need some sleep I hope you are having a great time well then I will see you in a week!!!!!! I LOVE YOU
your cousin Odalys F.
Dear Mom,
Today I got into our companies and the showed us how to do command s and fold the flag. I met the leaders too mom. They taught us how to march.
Signed,
Maria M.
Dear mom
Today I saw goats ,sheep, cows, and bulls.for lunch we had quiznos sub sandwichiches , cookies and chips. I am having a good time time at fort mckavett so far meeting new people and learning new things.
Isaac
Dear mom and dad,
Today I marched. I participated in the flag lowering ceremony. I ate dinner. I got a hat and two t-shirts. I am having a great time. What are you doing? This is my first blog and I am so excited about camp. I hope you have fun reading this. I love you!
Jack J
Dear Camp Family:
I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful camp. I come from far away in Africa for a country called Rwanda. I was invited to attend camp by Miss Amanda (a camp counselor) and I am so glad that I could come. I had such a great day and have seen so many new and exciting things. I am so excited about the week ahead. Be sure to log on and see what we do!
Mr. Shug the Silverback Gorilla
Dear Mommy:
Today I road the bus to Fort McKavett. The bus ride was boring, but as we have been here it has been pretty fun. The food is really good. We got a lot too. I think I gained a few pounds on that one meal. I miss you a lot!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Clayton
Dear Mom:
Today I wrote and made friends and picked a bunk and had fun. I miss you!!
Love,
Tristan
Dear Mom:
Today I was learning some army words and I made a new friend. It is very fun here, and there is a cool restroom. I miss you a lot!!!
Love,
Jessica
Dear Dad:
Today I met a lot of new people. My group went to see the flag being taken down. It was very neat. I can’t wait until tomorrow. It is going to be fun.
Love,
Jensen M.
Today I rode 156 miles to fort McKavett and I made a new friend . her name is Fina and Klara, Fina and I have been having a lot of fun together . I miss you and wish you are doing well.
Athena A.
Dear Mom and Dad
Today I had lost of fun we saw and herd about the commenders office the food was great I am really having fun.
Yesenia C.
Dear mother,
Today I met the rest of my teachers and met other people of the camp I cant name them all but I like it here at camp.
Alexis G.
Dear Mom, Elsyssia, Grandma, and Grandpa,
Today I got a tour of the camp, and I made some new friends. I got pictures to tell you about when I get home. I really like this camp. I LOVE YOU.
Isaac E.
Dear Mom, Dad, Isabella, Louie,
Today I went to Fort McKavett. First we got on the bus. We drove for a very long time. When we got there we got our bags. Then we went to our cabins. Then we march to the flag and then we took it down. My group takes it down tomorrow.
Love.
Joey S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I finally got to Fort McKavett, it was a long trip. 396 miles! The beds aren’t very comfortable, but everything else is great. Oh and we visited the ruins of the commander’s old house. See you in a week!
Jesus R.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to march and had a lot of fun and I saw some people from Menard.
Jade J
Dear Mom & Dad,
Today I traveled from Kelly Elementary at about 11:30. I met Athena who is 10 years old! The bus ride was loooong!!! It was also fun! We had lunch from Quizno. Write to you later
Fina
Dear Mom & Dad,
Today I had a great day. I still miss you but the good news is I have a new best friend. And I acted like a solider because they taught me how to march. I always remember you guys.
Viviana P.
Dear Mom,
Today I had fun and learned how to walk like a soldier. Mom I miss you.
Roman C.
Dear Mom,
Today I met some new friends, and saw a large mountains, our dorms and a giant well. Then I saw bulls, sheep, cows and goats. And I realize that this use to be a old battlefield. They taught me how to march.
Rabian M.
Dear Mom,
Today I saw some goats, bulls, cows, and sheep. And I met a new girl named Charian. And we were practicing the army steps by a guy named John who can yell really loud.
Arhur L.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to march. I ate supper. We got settled in to the barracks. I got yelled at by Jon. When he was teaching us how to march. We had fun.
Tristan H
Dear Family,
Today I got my bunk at in the corner of the barracks. We then went to take down the big flag. After that we ate dinner. Finally we finished practicing marching.
?
Dear Family:
Today I was excited about this trip. During the trip I saw mountains, different rivers, sheeps, and different kinds of trees. I like seeing the flag being lowered. Also we got to pick our own beds in the barracks. I met two new people named Sharron and Heaven.
Rhea W.
Dear Grandma:
Today I got to blog what I wrote in my journal. Grandma I loved watching the flag lowering ceremony today. Tonight I am going to sleep in the long barracks.
Isaiah T.
Dear Mom and Dad:
Today I got my bed. Met me counselors. Dinner was good. I had a good time.
Will M.
Dear Mom:
Today I watched the flag go down. I liked when we went marching.
Jose M.
Dear Mom:
Today I saw the flag go down and they had very delicious spice cakes for dessert. And I had so much fun today but it was very, very hot. I learned a lot about the historical cultures, they were very interesting. And I hope to have fun for the rest of the week. The counselors are great and they are very smart and nice.
Love,
Heaven
Dear Mom:
Today it was so much fun and it was hot out here and there are good spice cakes. I love you mom and I miss you.
Itzel M.
Dear Mom:
Today I did drills, let down the flag, picked dorms, ate lunch. I miss you.
Lanny M.
Dear Mom, Dad, Grandma, and William,
Today I attended the lowering of the flag ceremony and toured the captain’s quarters. I also learned to march.
Love,
Bennett T.
Dear mom and dad,
Today I met a new friend in the bus his name is Jorden. We took a tour around the camp. We saw the ruins. To go to the pool we have to get in the van to go to the pool. We also played a game when we got here the game was very fun. I love you.
Gabriel R.
Dear Momma,
Today I got settled in and got to know a few people. We did a lot of things people in the army would do. I had fun , but I’m tired.
Charryon S.
Dear Ariel,
Today I got on the bus at 7:30 a.m. , and traveled 396 miles to Fort McKavett it took forever and we were driving in a van . It took forever 6 hours!!! Can you believe that? Oh well , but we got here it was really fun we got to march and do some soldier commands .We ate here so good dinner and dessert we ate like a family . It was s really fun day , but I am really tired right now I really need some sleep I hope you are having a great time well then I will see you in a week!!!!!! I LOVE YOU
your cousin Odalys F.
Dear Mom,
Today I got into our companies and the showed us how to do command s and fold the flag. I met the leaders too mom. They taught us how to march.
Signed,
Maria M.
Dear mom
Today I saw goats ,sheep, cows, and bulls.for lunch we had quiznos sub sandwichiches , cookies and chips. I am having a good time time at fort mckavett so far meeting new people and learning new things.
Isaac
Dear mom and dad,
Today I marched. I participated in the flag lowering ceremony. I ate dinner. I got a hat and two t-shirts. I am having a great time. What are you doing? This is my first blog and I am so excited about camp. I hope you have fun reading this. I love you!
Jack J
Dear Camp Family:
I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful camp. I come from far away in Africa for a country called Rwanda. I was invited to attend camp by Miss Amanda (a camp counselor) and I am so glad that I could come. I had such a great day and have seen so many new and exciting things. I am so excited about the week ahead. Be sure to log on and see what we do!
Mr. Shug the Silverback Gorilla
Dear Mommy:
Today I road the bus to Fort McKavett. The bus ride was boring, but as we have been here it has been pretty fun. The food is really good. We got a lot too. I think I gained a few pounds on that one meal. I miss you a lot!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Clayton
Dear Mom:
Today I wrote and made friends and picked a bunk and had fun. I miss you!!
Love,
Tristan
Dear Mom:
Today I was learning some army words and I made a new friend. It is very fun here, and there is a cool restroom. I miss you a lot!!!
Love,
Jessica
Dear Dad:
Today I met a lot of new people. My group went to see the flag being taken down. It was very neat. I can’t wait until tomorrow. It is going to be fun.
Love,
Jensen M.
18 Comments:
At July 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM ,
Unknown said...
We are excited and happy to read all your comments. It's interesting to think about you all learning about the past and using this technology to share it with your families far away. We hope the rest of your week is fun, educational, and exciting.
It sounds like you're having a great time so far. We miss you Fina!
At July 21, 2008 at 9:25 PM ,
momp said...
Viviana we miss you too, however we love that you are having fun and making new friends. Enjoy your time at the camp.
Love Mom, Dad, Kary and Princess :)
At July 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM ,
CEJH said...
Hey Boys, I miss you!!! It sounds like you are having fun and will have a great time this week! I will be checking every day to see what cool things you are getting to do at camp. Have a wonderful time and have fun learning. I love you...Mommy
At July 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM ,
Michelle Mynatt said...
I was so excited to read about everything ya'll have been doing. It sounds like everyone is having a great time. We miss you and we love you Will.
At July 21, 2008 at 9:46 PM ,
Clarence said...
Hi Klara!!!
Momma and I hope you are having lots of fun. Cheezer says meow! Be safe and have a good time. We will see you soon. We miss you...
Love Momma & Daddy
P.S. Hug Nazy for me
At July 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM ,
Katrina said...
Hey, Alexis! Hope you are having fun. I can't wait to hear about everything you've done this week.
Love you!
Tia Katrina
At July 21, 2008 at 10:02 PM ,
Katrina said...
Hey, Jess! For some reason my first comment didn't save, so don't be upset that I wrote to Alexis first:) I hope you are having a great time! We're so proud of you for doing this.
Love,
Mom and Dad
At July 22, 2008 at 10:07 AM ,
Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
At July 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM ,
Martha said...
Hey Tristan Abel,
I miss you a lot too!!! I'm happy to hear that you are having a great time at camp. Remember good listening leads to great knowledge. Keep up the good work. See you soon.
Love,
Mom
At July 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM ,
Rancher said...
Hi Bennett! We are so happy to hear from you. Somehow it seems like you are far away even though I know you're just down the road. Glad to hear you are having fun. William is keeping your room COOL and is missing you. Have a great time and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Mom, Dad, Grandma, and William
At July 22, 2008 at 8:59 PM ,
momp said...
Hi Vivivana, we check your e-mails every day, we all miss you and wish to be there with you, we can't wait to heard all your adventures at camp. Enjoy all you can, and don't worry I read you e-mail. Do me a favor and tell Issac Escobar that his mom misses him alot and has a surprise for him when he comes home.
Love Mom, Dad, Kary and Princess :)
At July 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM ,
Michelle Mynatt said...
Hi Will, it sounds like you had another great day. You and Jess learn as much as you can and have fun doing it. We miss you and will see you soon. Love, Mom, Dad, Ivie, Emmie, and Mamu
At July 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM ,
Rancher said...
Hello again, Bennett! So glad to hear you're having fun. Save some of those tortillas for me :). We are all doing well. William and Dad cleaned out the big water trough at the west well today and moved the irrigation so you were REALLY missed! See you Saturday.
Love, Mom
At July 24, 2008 at 8:59 AM ,
EMMA said...
hello alexis! We've been reading your letters and are excited for you! Mom and Mingo miss you very much, and of course Boomer misses you most. Can't wait to see!
At July 24, 2008 at 9:02 AM ,
EMMA said...
HELLO JESS! WE SEEN THE PICTURES, AND YOU LOOK GREAT AS A SOLDIER! HOPE YOU AND ALEXIS ARE LEARNING EXCITING THINGS AND HAVING A GREAT TIME!
EMMA AND MINGO
At July 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM ,
Odysee said...
Hey Rabian, I love and miss you so much! I've been reading your blogs and i'm very glad your learning some new and exciting things! Everyone has been asking about ya! I also saw the pictures of you as well. You look great! Can't wait to see you Sunday. Tell Issac I said hello okay. Ill be writing you back ok?
Love, Momma and Olivia
At July 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM ,
cynthia-mom said...
athena!!!
that is great!! you got to ride ahorse of coarse. i have never got on a horse in my life. i am glad you had the opportunity. I hear you went swimming yesterday. i know you enjoyed that. so is it raining over there? it's pooring over here. be safe and stay warm. love mom. p.s. izzak told me to tell you "train puzzle"
At July 26, 2008 at 11:19 AM ,
Izzy said...
Hello Fina
Sounds like you are having lots of fun..expecting you back soon..
Hope you are having fun and
will be able to teach me a few things you learned..
expect you soon..Tia Isabel
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home