Monday, July 20, 2009
Company A
Devyn:
Well today was awesome, but it did rain today so that was kinda bad. Well besides that we learned about bartering and it was hard and very complicated, also we learned about women and men chores and they did a lot. They cooked, cleaned, and washed. Women also had to take care of the children.
Anthony :
Hey today we got to ride horses and got to learn what the women did back then it was a lot of fun.
Lainny:
Today we learned what the women did back in the pioneer days they washed the clothes and they did the house duty like washing the dishes and washing the clothes and taking care of the kids and some of them were teachers.
Lorie:
Today we learned about the guard duty that the soldiers did, the work that the women did, horse care, and bartering. Today it rained so our horse riding got postponed till later in the day and swimming got canceled.
Chris:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I miss you very much. Could you and dad come visit the fort tomorrow? It would be nice if you did
Much Love from CHRIS
Company D:
Rhea:
I had fun getting on the horse and playing bartering games and learning about how women were, doing their responsibilities for the household. School was similar to how they used to live. I am having a great time at camp, today.
Will:
Today we learned about what the soldiers did, and we learned drills. We learned what the women did. It got pretty cold. I miss you a lot, mom and dad.
Jesus:
Today we learned that the soldiers guarded the place so that the Indians wouldn’t take the food. If they took the food, we wouldn’t be able to survive. The soldiers were all over the place, but if they took all the food, the ladies could plant more food and we would be able to survive. A long time ago, the ladies didn’t work with the men because they had to stay home to take care of the little kids, and feed the kids, and do the chores, and the men had to go work. Right now, it’s different because men work with women at the same jobs and now it is all different.
Heaven:
I learned about some of the Buffalo Soldiers. I got to ride a horse named Hot Rod. It was a beautiful horse, and I can’t wait until tomorrow to ride all of the others. I played a game called Bartering, it was a game about trading goods to get what you needed to survive. I don’t know if the best way to get goods and services is to go through the bartering system or with money. If we do get a horse, I know there will be a lot of responsibilities, having to feed it, brush it, and check its horse shoes for spurs or mud.
Company B:
Rabian:
Today I learned that soldiers would have to walk great distances sometimes over a 100 miles to reach locations like Del Rio. Women worked really hard making and washing clothes. They used a washboard and lye soap. Women also cooked and cleaned. We also rode horses today. First, before getting onto a horse you should pat the horse to make sure the horse knows you're there. Then you have to clean their feet so they won’t get sore. I think it would be easy to own a horse like a dog because you would just have to feed, clean and train the horse. Also I learned a new bartering game. We changed cards with other people until each person was able to survive in the old west. We also played 19th century baseball.
Tristan:
Ladies washed clothes and cooked. Soldiers did care for their horses and cared for their young. Today people work in better facilities and have better tools. We rode horses today and I remembered to always approach a horse from the left side. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to feed, brush, water, and exercise the animal. You can trade without using money and that is called bartering.
Maddy:
Women washed dishes, clothes and also kept track to the children. Today while riding the horses we learned that you have to always let a horse know where you are and that you won’t hurt them. Owning a horse would be a big responsibility because if you didn’t take care of them they would die. Bartering is still used today and it’s trading.
Fina:
Today I learned about the Buffalo soldiers and why they got that name. Because their hair, eyes, and bravery. The women ruled the household. Women did a lot of work in and around the house. Men did work in the fields. We rode horses today. Always mount on the left side of a horse. Always let the horse know where you are. Horses are a big responsibility you have to keep them healthy and gentle you have to train the horse. Bartering is when you trade good. We should do more bartering that way we wouldn’t have to print money and we could save trees.
Jade:
Men along time ago fought in the wars and hunted. The women cooked, cleaned, washed, and cared for the family. Today we rode horses. Always approach a horse on the left side to make sure that you have the saddle fit for your horse. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to feed them and care for them. Bartering is when you trade something to get something back that you wanted. Bartering is a good idea because you didn’t have to spend any money.
Vivann:
Women worked doing laundry and cooking. Soldiers guarded the border of the United States. Men and women still work today but have different jobs. We also rode horses. You should always let your horse know when you are moving around them. You have to take care of the horses and pay attention the horses. You have to brush the horses to get the dirt off them. And clean out their hooves to get the rocks out. Bartering is when you trade something to get something you need. People could save their money and trade to get something they need.
Kevin:
The women did the important stuff like washing clothes and sewing. Jobs back along time ago were a lot harder than they are today. During horse care I learned to always approach a horse on the left side. Having a horse would be a big responsibility. We also played a bartering game that was quite interesting. I don’t think bartering is a good idea because it may be hard to find something to trade.
Joey:
Today we learned women washed clothes by hand. Men and women had different responsibilities. We rode horses and you should always approach a horse from the left side. Horses are a big responsibility you have to brush their hair and everything. We played a bartering game. Bartering is a bad idea because it takes a long time.
Arthur:
The type of work soldiers do are walk hundreds of miles to different forts and protect settlers. Women made soap, took care of food washed clothes, and carried water in heavy buckets. Women and men had different jobs then but today a woman can do anything a man can do. We also rode horses you should pat the horse and always let them know you are there. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to clean their feet, brush them and so on. Bartering is a game in which each person gets cards and they have to trade with each other for other cards they need to survive. Bartering is good because it can help people survive without money.
Company C:
Dear People,
I rode a horse today. I had a really great time. I learned what women did around the house. I learned what the soliders did back in the army. I met new friends. It rained today and some of our activities got cancelled but we had fun anyway and I liked all my counselors. My favorite part was the horses. Tomorrow we get to ride them again and I cant wait!
Jakayly
Dear Mom,
The stuff we learned today about what the women did is much harder than what the men did which makes it seem like your work is easy. It rained today but hopefully it won't rain on the trial to Fort Concho. It was really cool to ride a horse and we get to ride more tomorrow.
Love Alexis
Dear Mom and Dad,
I hope you are doing well. We learned about how soldiers lived and what they do and how women worked on the frontier. We also learned about bartering. I miss you.
Love Athena
Dear Mom,
Today I learned a few things like women’s work and men's work. I learned that when you get cut it will not get infected if you put honey on it. I went to school today and read and had fun. Miss you bunches mom.
Love Maria
Dear Mom and Dad,
I had fun today. I got home sick during the morning, but now I am alright. I miss ya’ll a lot. How is Fiddles doing? I learned the history behind the settlers jobs. I learned how to barter and trade goods. I rode a horse and got to teach other kids how to mount the horses. I hope you will be there whenever we go to San Angelo. Love you!
Jess
Dear Mom,
Today we learned about how to take care of a horse. We also talked about bartering which is trading one thing for another. I was a blacksmith. After that we talked about what soldiers did and we also learned about what women did. I am having fun.
Love Isaac
Dear Mom,
Today I made a lot of friends especially Dalton. We are having lots of fun. We wrote in our journals and we are going to play baseball. We are preparing for our trail ride on Wednesday and I still have one more camera. The end
Love Zach
Dear Guys,
Today we learned about how to take care of a horse and we learned about Buffalo Soliders. Then it rained and we learned card games from 1864 and before that we went to school. I am excited for Wednesday. Having fun.
Dalton
Dear Family,
Today we got acquainted with horse safety. We went to the 1800s school. We learned marching drill and how to play card games that the soldiers played. We also learned how to barter. Having lots of fun in the RAIN!
Bennett
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today we got on the horse and went around like you said we would do. But we did not got swimming because it rained. Today we played a bartering game to pass the time what it was raining. We played a card game with cards from 1864 that helps soldiers learn how to count. I am having fun and I will see you in 5 days.
Love Jack
Company A
Devyn:
Well today was awesome, but it did rain today so that was kinda bad. Well besides that we learned about bartering and it was hard and very complicated, also we learned about women and men chores and they did a lot. They cooked, cleaned, and washed. Women also had to take care of the children.
Anthony :
Hey today we got to ride horses and got to learn what the women did back then it was a lot of fun.
Lainny:
Today we learned what the women did back in the pioneer days they washed the clothes and they did the house duty like washing the dishes and washing the clothes and taking care of the kids and some of them were teachers.
Lorie:
Today we learned about the guard duty that the soldiers did, the work that the women did, horse care, and bartering. Today it rained so our horse riding got postponed till later in the day and swimming got canceled.
Chris:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I miss you very much. Could you and dad come visit the fort tomorrow? It would be nice if you did
Much Love from CHRIS
Company D:
Rhea:
I had fun getting on the horse and playing bartering games and learning about how women were, doing their responsibilities for the household. School was similar to how they used to live. I am having a great time at camp, today.
Will:
Today we learned about what the soldiers did, and we learned drills. We learned what the women did. It got pretty cold. I miss you a lot, mom and dad.
Jesus:
Today we learned that the soldiers guarded the place so that the Indians wouldn’t take the food. If they took the food, we wouldn’t be able to survive. The soldiers were all over the place, but if they took all the food, the ladies could plant more food and we would be able to survive. A long time ago, the ladies didn’t work with the men because they had to stay home to take care of the little kids, and feed the kids, and do the chores, and the men had to go work. Right now, it’s different because men work with women at the same jobs and now it is all different.
Heaven:
I learned about some of the Buffalo Soldiers. I got to ride a horse named Hot Rod. It was a beautiful horse, and I can’t wait until tomorrow to ride all of the others. I played a game called Bartering, it was a game about trading goods to get what you needed to survive. I don’t know if the best way to get goods and services is to go through the bartering system or with money. If we do get a horse, I know there will be a lot of responsibilities, having to feed it, brush it, and check its horse shoes for spurs or mud.
Company B:
Rabian:
Today I learned that soldiers would have to walk great distances sometimes over a 100 miles to reach locations like Del Rio. Women worked really hard making and washing clothes. They used a washboard and lye soap. Women also cooked and cleaned. We also rode horses today. First, before getting onto a horse you should pat the horse to make sure the horse knows you're there. Then you have to clean their feet so they won’t get sore. I think it would be easy to own a horse like a dog because you would just have to feed, clean and train the horse. Also I learned a new bartering game. We changed cards with other people until each person was able to survive in the old west. We also played 19th century baseball.
Tristan:
Ladies washed clothes and cooked. Soldiers did care for their horses and cared for their young. Today people work in better facilities and have better tools. We rode horses today and I remembered to always approach a horse from the left side. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to feed, brush, water, and exercise the animal. You can trade without using money and that is called bartering.
Maddy:
Women washed dishes, clothes and also kept track to the children. Today while riding the horses we learned that you have to always let a horse know where you are and that you won’t hurt them. Owning a horse would be a big responsibility because if you didn’t take care of them they would die. Bartering is still used today and it’s trading.
Fina:
Today I learned about the Buffalo soldiers and why they got that name. Because their hair, eyes, and bravery. The women ruled the household. Women did a lot of work in and around the house. Men did work in the fields. We rode horses today. Always mount on the left side of a horse. Always let the horse know where you are. Horses are a big responsibility you have to keep them healthy and gentle you have to train the horse. Bartering is when you trade good. We should do more bartering that way we wouldn’t have to print money and we could save trees.
Jade:
Men along time ago fought in the wars and hunted. The women cooked, cleaned, washed, and cared for the family. Today we rode horses. Always approach a horse on the left side to make sure that you have the saddle fit for your horse. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to feed them and care for them. Bartering is when you trade something to get something back that you wanted. Bartering is a good idea because you didn’t have to spend any money.
Vivann:
Women worked doing laundry and cooking. Soldiers guarded the border of the United States. Men and women still work today but have different jobs. We also rode horses. You should always let your horse know when you are moving around them. You have to take care of the horses and pay attention the horses. You have to brush the horses to get the dirt off them. And clean out their hooves to get the rocks out. Bartering is when you trade something to get something you need. People could save their money and trade to get something they need.
Kevin:
The women did the important stuff like washing clothes and sewing. Jobs back along time ago were a lot harder than they are today. During horse care I learned to always approach a horse on the left side. Having a horse would be a big responsibility. We also played a bartering game that was quite interesting. I don’t think bartering is a good idea because it may be hard to find something to trade.
Joey:
Today we learned women washed clothes by hand. Men and women had different responsibilities. We rode horses and you should always approach a horse from the left side. Horses are a big responsibility you have to brush their hair and everything. We played a bartering game. Bartering is a bad idea because it takes a long time.
Arthur:
The type of work soldiers do are walk hundreds of miles to different forts and protect settlers. Women made soap, took care of food washed clothes, and carried water in heavy buckets. Women and men had different jobs then but today a woman can do anything a man can do. We also rode horses you should pat the horse and always let them know you are there. Horses are a big responsibility because you have to clean their feet, brush them and so on. Bartering is a game in which each person gets cards and they have to trade with each other for other cards they need to survive. Bartering is good because it can help people survive without money.
Company C:
Dear People,
I rode a horse today. I had a really great time. I learned what women did around the house. I learned what the soliders did back in the army. I met new friends. It rained today and some of our activities got cancelled but we had fun anyway and I liked all my counselors. My favorite part was the horses. Tomorrow we get to ride them again and I cant wait!
Jakayly
Dear Mom,
The stuff we learned today about what the women did is much harder than what the men did which makes it seem like your work is easy. It rained today but hopefully it won't rain on the trial to Fort Concho. It was really cool to ride a horse and we get to ride more tomorrow.
Love Alexis
Dear Mom and Dad,
I hope you are doing well. We learned about how soldiers lived and what they do and how women worked on the frontier. We also learned about bartering. I miss you.
Love Athena
Dear Mom,
Today I learned a few things like women’s work and men's work. I learned that when you get cut it will not get infected if you put honey on it. I went to school today and read and had fun. Miss you bunches mom.
Love Maria
Dear Mom and Dad,
I had fun today. I got home sick during the morning, but now I am alright. I miss ya’ll a lot. How is Fiddles doing? I learned the history behind the settlers jobs. I learned how to barter and trade goods. I rode a horse and got to teach other kids how to mount the horses. I hope you will be there whenever we go to San Angelo. Love you!
Jess
Dear Mom,
Today we learned about how to take care of a horse. We also talked about bartering which is trading one thing for another. I was a blacksmith. After that we talked about what soldiers did and we also learned about what women did. I am having fun.
Love Isaac
Dear Mom,
Today I made a lot of friends especially Dalton. We are having lots of fun. We wrote in our journals and we are going to play baseball. We are preparing for our trail ride on Wednesday and I still have one more camera. The end
Love Zach
Dear Guys,
Today we learned about how to take care of a horse and we learned about Buffalo Soliders. Then it rained and we learned card games from 1864 and before that we went to school. I am excited for Wednesday. Having fun.
Dalton
Dear Family,
Today we got acquainted with horse safety. We went to the 1800s school. We learned marching drill and how to play card games that the soldiers played. We also learned how to barter. Having lots of fun in the RAIN!
Bennett
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today we got on the horse and went around like you said we would do. But we did not got swimming because it rained. Today we played a bartering game to pass the time what it was raining. We played a card game with cards from 1864 that helps soldiers learn how to count. I am having fun and I will see you in 5 days.
Love Jack
9 Comments:
At July 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM ,
Heather said...
Hi, Maddy of Company B!
It sounds like you're having a great time!! The photos are awesome! I wish I could be 9 years old again and be a camp with you. I hope you're learning about special old buildings too. Can't wait to hear more about your fun week.
Love, Auntie Heather
At July 20, 2009 at 10:53 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Dear Will, I know you are having fun- wish I could be there too.Can't wait to hear all about it. Loved the pictures. I am in Brady to take care of business. Will see you soon-9 more days till your birthday. I love you, Nanny
At July 20, 2009 at 11:49 PM ,
mom corrin said...
Dear Joey, What's goin' on? I miss u already. I can see your having fun (doing laundry ha, ha.. just kidding) Hey, make sure u try and get in some pictures so I can see u. Today, Kaitlynn got her ears pierced, her earrings are green. Erin did not want to, so she got new shoes instead. Tommorrow I'm taking the girls to get thier pictures taken. Everyone says hello. I love u and miss u always, Your Mom XOXOXO
At July 21, 2009 at 12:24 AM ,
Mom said...
Chris (Company A)
Howdy Camper! We miss you too! Could you write about what you are doing each day? We would love to hear about your day. We loved the photos of you hammering on the boards..making Daddy proud! Enjoy your stay and soak up the fun. Keep your chin up:)
We love you,
Mom, Dad, Dani and Roy (Dusty and kitties too)
At July 21, 2009 at 7:33 AM ,
Katrina said...
Dear Jess,
I'm glad the homesickness left yesterday. I hope it stays far away!
I was in San Angelo yesterday, and, although it looked like it was going to pour, it never did. As much as you love rain, I'll bet you enjoyed yesterday, huh?
Did you read your first Peanuts comic I put in your bag?
Your dad and I will see you Friday, OK? We plan to watch you come into Fort Concho.
Love you lots!
Mom
At July 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Zach (Company C),
Hey! It sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I'm glad you are using your camera, make sure to get pictures of the ride on Wednesday....and Steven on a horse! I miss you! Have fun and learn lots!
Love,
Mom
At July 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM ,
JDawg said...
What's up Crush! I hope you are having a good time. I can't wait to hear all about it.
JDawg
At July 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM ,
Martha said...
Tristan S.
It seems like you guys are having a great time. I didn't see you today at the pool, but heard you weren't swimming. You should have it was hot!!! I also heard you getting the hang of riding those horses. Promise to be careful!
Love you,
Mom
At July 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM ,
Mom said...
Chris (Company A),
Howdy Buddy! Danielle is spending the night with Opa so she can see you start the trail ride. I wish I could see you as well. Enjoy the ride.
We love you,
Mom, Dad and Roy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home