Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Anthony: Today we rode to Rocking Chair Ranch on horses and on a wagon. We also got to put up our tents and it started raining and that’s pretty much all we did today.
Coleton: We got to ride the horses for at least three miles today and it was really fun. We also got to ride in a wagon with a port a potty in it and walked a long time. I miss you a lot. Love, Coleton
Taylor: Today we got to ride in wagons with leather seats with a restroom and a radio inside. I set up a tent.
Devyn: Today we rode horses, wagons with leather seats and a port a potty. They had mules, horses and the main guy in charge fell off his horse. I drank 6 whole things of canteens. I miss you adios amigos love Devyn.
Lainny: Today we rode on horses by ourselves … sorry can’t talk … bye … losing service.
Cheyene: Dear mom and dad, today was the first day of our trail ride. We rode horses, rode in wagons and walked. Love, Cheyene
Klara: Today was our first day on the trail. I got to ride in a wagon and walked two miles. I also got to set up a tent, play some cards with my friends. I miss you and would love to see you soon. Love, Klara
Chris: Dear mom and dad, I got a bit homesick last night and I miss you very much. Today was a very fun day. I got to ride a horse named blue, ride in two different wagons … one old time and one with very comfortable seats. Will you write me back this time? Again, I miss you very much and I’ll see you soon. Love, Chris
Lorie: Today I had so much fun. I got to ride horses, walk behind them and ride in wagons. I even got to drive the wagon. I learned how to set up a tent. Love, Lorie
Maddy: Today we went on a trail ride. It was really bumpy it was slow and sometimes fast. I really liked the animals. The wagon was comfortable and I drove the mules. Love, Maddy
Tristan: Today we woke up at 6:30 and we had to load the vans. We rode in a wagon first and then had to walk 2 miles. We then rode again in the wagons and then horseback riding. When we got to the ranch I helped put up the saddles. It then rained a whole lot.
Arthur: Today on the trail company B started out on a comfortable wagon then we walked 2 miles. Then we rode on a really bumpy wagon with iron wheels. And the last thing we did was ride horses. My horses name was Cowboy. The wagons were bumpy but I would still want to be a pioneer because I want to know more about what they did in the 1800’s.
Joey: I woke up and got dressed. I rode horses, rode wagons, walked, and put up a tent. I wouldn’t mind being a pioneer because sometimes you can go fast.
Vivann: It was exhausting. We got on the wagons but then walked 2 miles. It was hot but I made it to the front. We went on two different wagons. My horse was named Mexico. Then there was a thunderstorm. Love, Vivann
Jade: First we got up at 6:30 in the morning. And through out the day we walked, rode horses, and rode on wagons. The horseback riding was fun. Yes the wagons were comfortable. Love, Jade
Rabian: Yes the part I like riding on the horse is running a little bit. The best wagon was blue. It was a little bumpy but fun. It was hard walking the 2 miles but I loved the wagons and horses. We also set up tents to sleep in tonight all by ourselves. Love Rabian
Fina: I woke up really early. We rode the wagons. It was horrible. Then we rode horses and Iiked that. We are going to sleep in tents. Love Fina
Dear Mom,
We’re at the Rocking Chair Ranch. We just had a big rain storm. We rode horses, wagons and walked for almost 3 miles. We set up our own tents and that was really fun. I’m tired and I want to go to bed. When the storm came we had to go inside because it was lighting really bad. When we got inside we learned about men that served in the Civil War. We are having a great time.
Love Zach
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I walked three miles and then I got on a wagon train for 3 miles. Then I rode a horse for maybe 3 miles. Then the last 3 miles we rode on a covered wagon with metal wheels. Then we went to the rocking chair ranch and while we were setting up the tents which we will sleep in tonight. While we were setting up the tents it started raining and we had to go into the ranch house. I am having fun and wish you were here.
Love Jack
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got homesick today. I hope that ya’ll can still come see me when we ride into San Angelo. I got to ride horses. How is Fiddles? I love you!
Love Jess
Dear Mom,
We talked about soldiers today and we rode on horses and wagons and we walked. Then once we got to Rocking Chair Ranch we set up tents. I am tenting with Cheynne and I had a lot of fun today. See you tomorrow!
Jakayly Sealy
Dear Mom,
Today I walked 3 miles and I got on a wagon and I rode a horse for 3 miles. I set up a tent then it started raining. Then the Colonel did a presentation. Miss you mom.
Maria
Dear Mom,
Today we started going to Fort Concho. My company walked first then rode the wagon trail and then rode horses. I saw a lot of cows on the way. After that we made our stop and set up tents then it started to rain.
Isaac
Dear Mom,
I am having a fun time at Fort McKavett. Today we started walking, then I went to go ride a wagon. One was really ghetto. It had leather seats from a car. Then we went to ride the horses. I got a horse named Dink, that is a funny name for a horse. We have stopped to camp at a ranch called Rocking Chair. Tomorrow we get up early to go the rest of the way to fort Concho. I hope I see you soon.
Love Alexis
Dear Mom and Dad,
I am fine and I am a little sore after falling off the horse. I hope you are doing good and tell my brothers I said Hi.
Love Athena
Dear Mom and Dad
We woke up early and went on a trail ride to a ranch. We rode wagons, and horses. We walked 2 miles and it was real hot. Then there was a thunderstorm. Love, Bennett
Dear Mom,
We rode horses and it was fun but the walking was hard. The wagons were great but bumpy. It rained really hard at night. Love Dalton
Rhea: I loved how we got to ride the wagon first. I loved how I got to ride my favorite horse, named Star. She was a very good horse to ride. She never tried to push me off. We stopped, and took a break to eat lunch. We got to ride the comfortable wagons for a while, and then we made it to Rocking Chair Ranch, and set up our tents. Then it started raining and we had to come inside a house.
Tristan: We woke up extra early today. The first thing we did on the trail was to go in a steel wheel wagon. Then, we got to ride the horses. I rode Mexico. He was slow, but it was fun getting to run. We had lunch, which was sandwiches and chips, and we got to go on a really, really nice wagon. Then, we got to walk for about an hour. We got to the Rocking Chair Ranch, and set up our tents. And then it rained. So now we’re blogging.
Itzel: Today was a fun day because I got to ride on a horse, but it was really hot. I got on an old wagon and I had to walk. It rained. We had to wake up early. We learned about the soldiers that used to go to Fort McKavett.
Will: Today we made it all the way to the Rocking Chair Ranch. We rode horses, rode in a wagon, and walked. It started raining and we had to come inside. I miss you a lot, mom and dad.
Jesus: The first thing in the morning we went to breakfast and then we left and were in the wagon. We traveled and we stopped a bunch of times. We got to our first stop so we could drink water and then I rode a horse named Dink. He moves too much. We walked and we sang a song that Miss Laurie wrote. We got to the ranch and we made our own tents and right now we are in a house playing.
Jensen: Today was our first day on the trail ride. We started out on the wagons, and it wasn’t as bumpy as I thought it would be, but it was still very tough on your bottom. Then we got to ride horses. I enjoyed riding the horses very much.
Anthony: Today we rode to Rocking Chair Ranch on horses and on a wagon. We also got to put up our tents and it started raining and that’s pretty much all we did today.
Coleton: We got to ride the horses for at least three miles today and it was really fun. We also got to ride in a wagon with a port a potty in it and walked a long time. I miss you a lot. Love, Coleton
Taylor: Today we got to ride in wagons with leather seats with a restroom and a radio inside. I set up a tent.
Devyn: Today we rode horses, wagons with leather seats and a port a potty. They had mules, horses and the main guy in charge fell off his horse. I drank 6 whole things of canteens. I miss you adios amigos love Devyn.
Lainny: Today we rode on horses by ourselves … sorry can’t talk … bye … losing service.
Cheyene: Dear mom and dad, today was the first day of our trail ride. We rode horses, rode in wagons and walked. Love, Cheyene
Klara: Today was our first day on the trail. I got to ride in a wagon and walked two miles. I also got to set up a tent, play some cards with my friends. I miss you and would love to see you soon. Love, Klara
Chris: Dear mom and dad, I got a bit homesick last night and I miss you very much. Today was a very fun day. I got to ride a horse named blue, ride in two different wagons … one old time and one with very comfortable seats. Will you write me back this time? Again, I miss you very much and I’ll see you soon. Love, Chris
Lorie: Today I had so much fun. I got to ride horses, walk behind them and ride in wagons. I even got to drive the wagon. I learned how to set up a tent. Love, Lorie
Maddy: Today we went on a trail ride. It was really bumpy it was slow and sometimes fast. I really liked the animals. The wagon was comfortable and I drove the mules. Love, Maddy
Tristan: Today we woke up at 6:30 and we had to load the vans. We rode in a wagon first and then had to walk 2 miles. We then rode again in the wagons and then horseback riding. When we got to the ranch I helped put up the saddles. It then rained a whole lot.
Arthur: Today on the trail company B started out on a comfortable wagon then we walked 2 miles. Then we rode on a really bumpy wagon with iron wheels. And the last thing we did was ride horses. My horses name was Cowboy. The wagons were bumpy but I would still want to be a pioneer because I want to know more about what they did in the 1800’s.
Joey: I woke up and got dressed. I rode horses, rode wagons, walked, and put up a tent. I wouldn’t mind being a pioneer because sometimes you can go fast.
Vivann: It was exhausting. We got on the wagons but then walked 2 miles. It was hot but I made it to the front. We went on two different wagons. My horse was named Mexico. Then there was a thunderstorm. Love, Vivann
Jade: First we got up at 6:30 in the morning. And through out the day we walked, rode horses, and rode on wagons. The horseback riding was fun. Yes the wagons were comfortable. Love, Jade
Rabian: Yes the part I like riding on the horse is running a little bit. The best wagon was blue. It was a little bumpy but fun. It was hard walking the 2 miles but I loved the wagons and horses. We also set up tents to sleep in tonight all by ourselves. Love Rabian
Fina: I woke up really early. We rode the wagons. It was horrible. Then we rode horses and Iiked that. We are going to sleep in tents. Love Fina
Dear Mom,
We’re at the Rocking Chair Ranch. We just had a big rain storm. We rode horses, wagons and walked for almost 3 miles. We set up our own tents and that was really fun. I’m tired and I want to go to bed. When the storm came we had to go inside because it was lighting really bad. When we got inside we learned about men that served in the Civil War. We are having a great time.
Love Zach
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I walked three miles and then I got on a wagon train for 3 miles. Then I rode a horse for maybe 3 miles. Then the last 3 miles we rode on a covered wagon with metal wheels. Then we went to the rocking chair ranch and while we were setting up the tents which we will sleep in tonight. While we were setting up the tents it started raining and we had to go into the ranch house. I am having fun and wish you were here.
Love Jack
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got homesick today. I hope that ya’ll can still come see me when we ride into San Angelo. I got to ride horses. How is Fiddles? I love you!
Love Jess
Dear Mom,
We talked about soldiers today and we rode on horses and wagons and we walked. Then once we got to Rocking Chair Ranch we set up tents. I am tenting with Cheynne and I had a lot of fun today. See you tomorrow!
Jakayly Sealy
Dear Mom,
Today I walked 3 miles and I got on a wagon and I rode a horse for 3 miles. I set up a tent then it started raining. Then the Colonel did a presentation. Miss you mom.
Maria
Dear Mom,
Today we started going to Fort Concho. My company walked first then rode the wagon trail and then rode horses. I saw a lot of cows on the way. After that we made our stop and set up tents then it started to rain.
Isaac
Dear Mom,
I am having a fun time at Fort McKavett. Today we started walking, then I went to go ride a wagon. One was really ghetto. It had leather seats from a car. Then we went to ride the horses. I got a horse named Dink, that is a funny name for a horse. We have stopped to camp at a ranch called Rocking Chair. Tomorrow we get up early to go the rest of the way to fort Concho. I hope I see you soon.
Love Alexis
Dear Mom and Dad,
I am fine and I am a little sore after falling off the horse. I hope you are doing good and tell my brothers I said Hi.
Love Athena
Dear Mom and Dad
We woke up early and went on a trail ride to a ranch. We rode wagons, and horses. We walked 2 miles and it was real hot. Then there was a thunderstorm. Love, Bennett
Dear Mom,
We rode horses and it was fun but the walking was hard. The wagons were great but bumpy. It rained really hard at night. Love Dalton
Rhea: I loved how we got to ride the wagon first. I loved how I got to ride my favorite horse, named Star. She was a very good horse to ride. She never tried to push me off. We stopped, and took a break to eat lunch. We got to ride the comfortable wagons for a while, and then we made it to Rocking Chair Ranch, and set up our tents. Then it started raining and we had to come inside a house.
Tristan: We woke up extra early today. The first thing we did on the trail was to go in a steel wheel wagon. Then, we got to ride the horses. I rode Mexico. He was slow, but it was fun getting to run. We had lunch, which was sandwiches and chips, and we got to go on a really, really nice wagon. Then, we got to walk for about an hour. We got to the Rocking Chair Ranch, and set up our tents. And then it rained. So now we’re blogging.
Itzel: Today was a fun day because I got to ride on a horse, but it was really hot. I got on an old wagon and I had to walk. It rained. We had to wake up early. We learned about the soldiers that used to go to Fort McKavett.
Will: Today we made it all the way to the Rocking Chair Ranch. We rode horses, rode in a wagon, and walked. It started raining and we had to come inside. I miss you a lot, mom and dad.
Jesus: The first thing in the morning we went to breakfast and then we left and were in the wagon. We traveled and we stopped a bunch of times. We got to our first stop so we could drink water and then I rode a horse named Dink. He moves too much. We walked and we sang a song that Miss Laurie wrote. We got to the ranch and we made our own tents and right now we are in a house playing.
Jensen: Today was our first day on the trail ride. We started out on the wagons, and it wasn’t as bumpy as I thought it would be, but it was still very tough on your bottom. Then we got to ride horses. I enjoyed riding the horses very much.
13 Comments:
At July 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM ,
Katrina said...
Hey, Pioneer Jess!
I'll bet today is one you'll never forget. Sure wish you had told me more about what you did in your post, but I read the other kids' to figure it out.
Fiddles is fine. I took her on a ride to town today.
Love you lots!
MOM
At July 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM ,
Ellie said...
Klara,
I guess you didn't get to ride on a horse today? Maybe you'll get one tomorrow. I'm sure you all are very tired from all of the walking and riding on the wagons. Did you set up a "pup" tent or a regular one? I miss my JJ. Remember that I will pick you up on Sat. Your aunt's and ChaCha are keeping up with your adventures as well!
Love,
Mama
At July 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM ,
Clarence said...
Hi Klara :p
Sounds like a lot fun today! Hope your horseback riding went well. I bet you enjoyed the wagon ride & the sights on the trail. Take care have lots of fun & be safe.
Love you & miss you
Daday :)
At July 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM ,
LILIA PEREZ said...
Hi baby,
I am so glad you get to experience how people travel back on the good old days, this as well as all the other adventures will help you in your future, so enjoy every one of them and have lots of fun. Again we are proud and supportive of you, and we are counting the days for your return. Take care love Mom, Kary, Grandma, and little furry one (Princess)
At July 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM ,
Nikki said...
Maddy, I hope you are having a good time. How are you liking the horse ridng? I hope you got the other messages I sent - the computer is being a little cranky this week. I love you and miss you. Mommy
At July 22, 2009 at 11:19 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Dear Kevin,
I missed your comments today. I hope you are having a wonderful time and learning lots of new things. We miss you a lot specially Ruby who spends a lot of time on your bed. :) We love you...
Hugs and kisses
Mom
At July 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM ,
Mom said...
Chris (Company A)
I have been writing you every day. I hope the notes have been getting to you. Did you see Opa and Danielle yesterday?
Have a great time.
We love you,
Mom, Dad and Dani and Roy
At July 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM ,
Michelle Mynatt said...
Will,
We were a little worried about ya'll when that storm blew through yesterday, but ya'll probably thought it was fun. It sure is nice and cool while you are on your trip. We miss you. Have fun.
Love,
Mom, Dad & the girls
At July 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM ,
Granannie said...
Maddy,
We're glad you're having fun and like the animals. We miss you and will be glad when you come home on Saturday.
Love,
Granannie, Poppy & Zoey
At July 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM ,
Granannie said...
Zach,
It sounds like you're having a great time. We're looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Zoey says, I love you! Mom is going to be here on Saturday.
Love,
Granannie, Poppy & Zoey
At July 23, 2009 at 4:58 PM ,
Martha said...
Hey there Tristan S.
I'm glad that you are having such a great time. I'm also glad to hear that you survived the rain, I'll have to check on that walking bit :) Well, I miss you lots and hope you are having a great time.
Love MOM
At July 23, 2009 at 6:50 PM ,
Unknown said...
Dear Fina,
Remember to maintain a positive attitude. Life back then sure makes you appreciate the comforts of today. Focus on learning, enjoying, and sharing your good ideas. We miss you and are looking forward to seeing you when you get back.
Love, Mom and Dad
At July 23, 2009 at 10:28 PM ,
Unknown said...
Hello Bennett! It has been a long week for us without you here at the ranch. Glad you are having a good time. You look great on that horse! We're looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love, MOM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home