Blog Post: June 27,2011
Haleigh C: I have been at camp for a few days, I’m having an awesome time.
Geneva G: The food is my favorite part of camp. It is wonderful and smells awesome.
Anna V: I am having a bunch of fun at fort McKavett.
Garrett D: My favorite part of camp so far is lights out.
Rachel C: My favorite part of camp so far has been weaving.
Danielle B: Archery was my favorite part of camp so far. I enjoy being outdoors as well.
Emily A: I enjoyed making tortillas the most because it is a way of making food in old times.
Brittaney K: At the Menardville Museum I saw old toys, dolls and clothes. I also saw an old workshop shed transported from a German man’s land.
Truie R: It’s hard to say what my favorite part of camp is so far. I’d say just having fun with my friends.
Lacy B: I enjoyed making tortillas because as we get older we need to know so we can make them.
Logan R: I enjoyed making tortillas because it is yummy in my tummy.
Travis I: My favorite part of camp so far is heading down to the springs.
Branden : I am enjoying Ft. McKavett. The days here are great, and I can’t wait for more adventures.
Company A
Maddy C :I really enjoyed making tortillas. I like making tortillas because they are a lot of fun.
Roberto S: Today at the Menardville Museum I saw a lot of cool things like guns, dresses, jackets, bullets, army bags, dolls, and a lot of old stuff.
Bradlie C: My favorite part of camp so far is archery and sleep. It felt good to hit the target on the archery, but it’s also nice to lay down and rest!
Vistoria C: I really enjoyed making tortillas. I have always wanted to learn to make them. Plus I have been to Mexico to learn how to. Plus I ate HOT hot sauce. I was the only one who didn’t need water!
Enrique S: Today I made a retablo and it is very supportive of my team. It says who is the best team, Alpha. I haven’t painted it yet because I am still drawing, but it is going to look awesome!
Shyann: Today in the Menardville Museum I saw pictures of the presidio when it wasn’t all beat down and we saw old clothes and machines. There was a machine that a farmer found 20 feet underground!
Gabriel: I enjoyed making tortillas. There was corn and flour tortillas, but the corn had hot sauce and it was hot!
Kaila L: Today I made tortillas. It was really fun to make tortillas. I liked it because we are them. We made two kinds, flour and corn. I liked flour better.
Lexie V: Today I made tortillas. It was fun and cool to watch them make them. Then I got to make them! They were delicious!
Mollie T: Today I made tortillas! I enjoyed it because we got to cook, press and flip them! Also because they tasted SUPER good!
Jasmin S: Today I made a retablo. It has a cross with flowers on it and it is blue, brown, white, yellow, green.
Nick F: Today I made tortillas. I had a lot of fun because they were fun to make and they were so delicious.
Morgan: I enjoyed making tortillas because I got to make them with a special person from camp named Lexie!
Company C
Madelon C: At the Menaredville museum we got to see many tools that they use , like a German bread maker.
Emily C: My favorite part of camp was doing the archeology dig.
Mariella Z: My favorite part is when we went to the museum.
Autumn N: My retablo looks like a cross and it is blue and red it was very pretty.
Maycee P: My rettablo said W.W.J.D that means “what would Jesus do?” it also has a cross on it with sparkles.
Bailey F: My favorite part of camp so far is swimming in the pool.
Caleb H: What I saw at the Menardville museum was a wood stove, plows, and a bread maker.
Shelby C.: What I saw at the museum was a wax man at a saloon.
Lucas B.: I saw an old truter / windmill at the Menardville museum.
Ashlyn B.: My favorite part of camp is swimming!
Ashligh F.: My favorite part of the camp so far was getting dirty and swimming.
14 Comments:
At June 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Ashlyn I have no doubt your favorite part is swimming. What is a retablo or how ever it is spelled.
What does yours look like ash. Love you miss you. see you friday
At June 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM ,
Nikki said...
Hi Maddy, I am glad you liked making tortillas. You can teach me when you come home. I love you and James and I miss you. Have fun!! Mom
At June 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM ,
Liz T said...
To Mollie: Sounds like you are having fun!! I know daddy will be waiting for you to make him some tortillas. Love you bunches!!
Mom & Dad
xxxooo
At June 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM ,
Heather said...
Hi, Maddy C.! I am so excited to hear you are having fun at camp! Ya'll are doing such neat things, and I wish I could be a camper too! You know how much I love history, especially those "special old buildings." I can't wait to hear more about your adventures when you get home. Tell your Dad I said "Hi!" if you see him around camp. Love, Auntie Heather
At June 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM ,
Krystie A said...
Emily A: sound like you having lots of fun!!!Miss you lots.Cant wait to see how to make tortillas!! Love you lots.
At June 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM ,
Krystie A said...
Emily A: Hi emily miss you lots. Sounds like your having a blast!!!Can't wait to see how to make tortillas.Love you see you Friday!!!
At June 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM ,
Berni said...
Hi Kaila! YUM, Tortillas! I bet they were delicious. Let's have a wednesday night tort night and you can teach me how to make them. Just LOVING all the new things you are learning. Love and hugs, Grand-maw Berni
At June 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Autumn,
Hope your having alot of fun. Can't wait to hear what a retablo is! We all miss you alot.
Love Mom & Dad
At June 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM ,
Shawn R said...
Hey Truie, sounds like you are having a good time. Lol, don't forget to learn a bunch of stuff while you're there. Tell us about some of the stuff that you are getting to do. Besides being there with all your friends, what things have you done that have been your favorite so far? We Love you and miss you bunches and bunches.
Ps. All the animals in our zoo here at home miss you alot too.
Love
Mommy and Daddy
At June 28, 2011 at 7:39 AM ,
Tami said...
Travis,Hope you have a happy b-day and you learn alot!we are proud of you keep it up.we love you
At June 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM ,
Chevie Griggers said...
Hi Bailey, I am glad you are having a great time!! Miss and love you bunches!! <3 MOM
At June 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM ,
Tina J said...
Hey Shy!!!! I miss you sooo much!!! I am so glad you are having fun and learning alot of neat things!!!Can't wait till you get home and tell me all about it!! I LOVE YOU!!!
At June 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM ,
Berni said...
Dear Kaila, I am wondering what exciting thing you will learn today, Tuesday! Hey, what is this thing about getting dirty and swimming? We are going to the park today and I will be sure to splash Molly twice for you! Love and hugs, Grandma
At June 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM ,
Deanna M. said...
Hi Rachel(Ray)C.
Looks and sounds like you are having a great time!
Miss you and cannot wait to see you!!
Luv Deanna
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home