Blog Update: Buffalo Soldier Day
Maddy: Today in guard duty and drill practice I learned all, or most, of the positions and drills. I did not like being a soldier.
Mollie T: Today I learned how to play 19th Century baseball. It is different from regular baseball. There is a wooden bat and a softer ball. You could catch the ball after it bounced once and the person is out.
Enrique: Today in guard duty and drill practice I learned how to be a soldier and I liked it. It was fun because we got to learn the way soldiers held their guns. We used wooden white guns and marched while doing the drills. I think I did good.
Victoria: Today I learned about Buffalo Soldiers. They were remembered as Buffalo Soldiers because their eyes reminded the Indians of Buffalo. They were important because they protected everyone and have peace in the world.
Lexie: Today I learned how to play 10th century baseball. It was fun. I don’t know how to play baseball, but I hit the ball and it went really far. I was really good.
Gabriel: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be a knife and a gun to protect myself from my enemies.
Morgan: Today I shot BB guns and I really liked it. I felt like I was little again and going hunting with my Dad.
Kaila: Today, in guard duty and drill practice, I enjoyed being a soldier for a day. I learned different commands. I also learned how to march with a wooden rifle.
Roberto: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could only take two things with me on an army mission, they would be water and a gun.
Bradlie: Today in guard duty and drill practice I enjoyed being a soldier for a day. I considered it a new challenge and it was fun learning the different positions!
Shyann: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be a rifle for safety and a horse to run away from my enemies.
Jasmine: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be a saddle and a blanket.
Nick: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be a good semiautomatic assault rifle (AK47) and a bag of food and other supplies.
Company B
Danielle B: I learned some history about the Buffalo Soldiers. They were able to gain respect for themselves as a military unit.
Brittaney K: I liked learning to use the BB gun because I never shot any kind of gun before.
Haleigh C: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could only take two things with me, I would take a canteen and a gun.
Branden: Baseball during the 19th century is different from today because if the ball bounces and you catch it, the batter is out.
Garrett D: I liked using the BB gun because it is light weight.
Lacy B: I liked being a soldier today because we got to hold wooden guns and it made me feel like a soldier.
Emily: I enjoyed being a soldier today. I learned how to hold the guns and the drills.
Truie: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could only take two things with me on a mission, they would be my weapon and money.
Rachel: Buffalo Soldiers were very important because they were tough like a buffalo.
Travis: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on a mission, they would be a gun and a knife.
Geneva: I enjoyed learning to use the BB Gun because I thought it didn’t look like a regular gun, and I learned how to hold it.
Company CAshlyn B: I learned how to march properly with a gun. We used wooden guns and I liked it.
Caleb H: I learned that 19th century baseball has many different rules and I liked it a lot.
Emily C: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be a canteen and a picture of my family.
Shelby C: I enjoyed learning how to use a BB gun because that was the first time I ever shot a BB gun.Maycee P: The Buffalo soldier were important because they put new roads on the map for new settlers and they garded buildings.
Mariella Z: If I were a Buffalo Soldier and I could take only two things with me on an army mission, they would be my hair brush and my A.C.
Ashley F: I did enjoy learning how to use a BB Gun except that they targets kept moving in the breeze.
Madelon C: The history of the Buffalo Soldiers is neat because it is very special to do all things to protect the traverler’s and settlers.
Autumn N: How is 19th centry baseball is that the bat was heavy but when you throw the ball was not hard and it was easy to throw.
Bailey F: I liked guard duty very much. I learned how to march like a Buffalo Soildier.
Lucas B: The Buffalo Soldiers were there to protect traverls and make maps of the roads and area.
2 Comments:
At June 29, 2011 at 1:50 AM ,
Shawn R said...
Hey Baby Girl(Truie), I saw a picture of you sitting next to a girl using a wooden press to press the tortillas. I hope you're having a blast. I saw that you guys learned about Buffalo Soldiers today. Some of the other kids said they had to do drills and stuff like that like soldiers do. I bet you can do more push-ups than almost any boy there. That's what happens when both your parents are former Marines, huh? We love you and miss you dear. We can't wait to see you and hear about all your fun times.
Love Papa Bear and Mommy and the Muttz.
At June 29, 2011 at 7:29 AM ,
Liz T said...
To: Mollie
That baseball game sounds like fun! I'm glad you are enjoying your stay at camp. We love you and miss you very, very much. Can't wait to see you Friday.
Love,
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home