} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp: Blog Update: Nature Day

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blog Update: Nature Day

Company A:

Mollie T: At South Llano River, I loved the cool water, the view, and also I loved riding in the canoe. After the canoe trip, we explored the State Park. I saw trees, benches, animals, and plants.

Victoria C: At South Llano River, I loved seeing the turtles. We got to catch moss in the water and baby fishes, and I loved being the motor for the canoe.

Roberto S.: After the canoe trip each company got to explore the State Park. I saw a panted bunting on the bird blind and saw the sunset on the top of the mountain.

Nick F: I loved South Llano River and going canoeing, because we had a lot of fun and it was a great experience.

Enrique S: After the canoe trip, we explored the State Park. We went to the bird blind and saw many types of birds and a field mouse, it was fat. We went up like four hills to get to the top. It was an amazing view. We got to see the sunset, it was beautiful. Then we went almost all the way down when we saw something rattle in the bushes. We think it was a bunny.

Gabriel; I loved South Llano River because we saw all of the different types of animals, like turtles and a copperhead, and the Guadalupe bass. The weirdest thing was their color was black and white.

Jasmine S.: After the canoe trip, we explored the State Park. I went to the bird blind and saw a lot of pretty birds.

Bradlie C: When we went canoeing at South Llano River the water reflected off the cliff and you could see the waves. I also loved seeing all the trees. I had lots of fun.

Lexie V: At South Llano River, I loved to look at the great views and watching the water flow and looking at the little fish. Most of the time, I had fun.

Kaila L: I loved how pretty the South Llano River looked. Then after the canoe trip, we explored the State Park. I saw the campsite, the bird blind, and the picnic tables.

Morgan: At South Llano River, I liked the fast flows and all the time in the river. After the canoe trip, we explored the State Park. I saw a rabbit, a plump mouse, and birds.

Shy-Ann: I loved South Llano River when we went canoeing down hills and it was fast. It was fun and when we got back and played games.

Maddy: I loved all the little and big turtles that I saw in the water at South Llano River on our canoe trip.

Company C

Shelby C: During our canoe trip at South Llano River I loved going under a dead tree, then after that we explored the State Park and I got to go the bird blind.

Emily C: I loved to look in the water and see all the fish during our canoe trip at South Llano River.

Mariella Z: I loved to look at all the beautiful rocks at South Llano River during our canoe trip. I also got to see the tall pretty trees. We went through currents and that was fun, but most of all I loved being on the beautiful water. I had a lot of fun.

Maycee P: I loved the nature and sounds by the river during our canoe trip at South Llano River. The rocks were so pretty and I had a lot of fun. After the canoe trip, on our way to the shower someone saw a bunny rabbit, and this morning we saw birds and lots of other animals.

Autumn: At South Llano River, I liked to see the fish and to hear the sound the river made. It was very pretty. I am thankful that I had so much fun. After out canoe trip, we explored the State Park. We saw a mouse in the morning and some birds, a bunny, and lots of other animals.

Madelon C: I loved that the water was so clear, during our trip down the South Llano River. After the canoe trip, we saw a bird blind and saw a rare rainbow bird and a lot of rabbits. We got to sleep in a tent and it was fun sleeping in the tent with our friends.

Ashlyn B: After our canoe trip, we explored the State Park. I went to the bird blind and saw many different types of birds.

Hannah W: I loved that we went canoeing at South Llano River. Then after the canoe trip we explored the State Park and I got to see lots of pretty birds.

Bailey F: I loved the South Llano River because we went canoeing, then after the canoe trip, we went to the top of a hill and saw a lot of stuff.

Lucas B: After our canoe trip, we explored the State Park, and we saw a lot of birds.

Caleb H: The water at South Llano River was very nice, and after the trip we explored the camp and I saw different birds.

Company B

Anna V: What I loved at South Llano River was that it was really cool in the water and it felt good.

Danielle B: After the canoe trip I saw all kinds of birds, a cople of rabbits and about 7 lizards. I saw painted buntings, cardinals and doves. I also saw all kinds of trees, bushes and fish.

Truie: The naturalist at the South Llano State Park taught me how to catch minnows and large fish.

Haleigh C: What I loved at South Llano River was the cool fish. It was fun to swim in and canoe.

Rachael: I loved the rapids at South Llano River.

Geneva: I enjoyed the campout at South Llano River State Park, oh yeah, but I barely sleep.

Lacy B: I learned from the naturalist at the South Llano State Park that the minnows that had a black dot on their tail are called the balck-dotted minnow.

Emily A: At South Llano River State Park, I loved canoeing the most. After the trip we did some bird watching and we saw animals. At SLRSP, I learned how to catch fish in a net from the Master Naturalist.

Brittaney K.: At South Llano River I loved all the dragonflies and the rapids that were deeper so we didn’t have to get out of the canoe. After the canoe trip we went to the bird blind and saw lots of birds. I saw painted buntings, cardinals, pigeons, a blue bunting and lots more. We even saw a prairie mouse and a rabbit.

Travis: At South Llano River State Park we saw deer and I went camping!

Garrett D.: At South Llano River there were lots of wish and the water was clear. I saw so many trees and plants at the park.

Branden: At South Llano River State Park, we stayed in tents and climbed a mountain! After the canoe trip we climbed a mountain and walked four miles!

1 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lacy, I am glad that you got to look around the state park and learn about the different minnows. Leave it to the little fishergirl to want to know about the black dot. Love you lots, Nana, Papa, Mom, Billy, and Cody

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home