Photo Update: Hispanic Day
Today we visited the Presidio San Saba.
Campers listened to a presentation about soldiers at the Presidio.
Campers learn about the life of a soldier.
Don't worry, Mom and Dad, this is just a museum exhibit!
In the afternoon, campers learned how to make tortillas.
Campers learned how to make a retablo.
The finished retablos.
At the end of the day, campers listened to a Mariachi Band.
Campers loved the Mariachi Band so much, they danced along with the band!
10 Comments:
At June 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM ,
Judy Serrano, author of The Easters Lilly Series, and The Linked Series. said...
Hi Enrique,
We miss you like crazy. It looks like you're having lots of fun. We'll see you soon!
Love,
Mom, Dad, Miguel, Theo, Tad and Max
At June 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey Ashlyn, Just wanted to let you know baby bubba is missing you like crazy. He asked if we were going to get you today. I cant wait for us to get to scrap your experience. Love ya and we will see you in a few days.
At June 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM ,
Missie said...
Nick - I can see you are having tons of fun and being creative too! I LOVED the retablos you made - I can't wait to see it!! Love you bunches!! mom, dad & the crew
At June 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM ,
Kara C. said...
Hi Victoria,
Looks like you had another exciting day!! I hope that you took good notes on how to make those tortillas, we can make some when you get home! And I love the retablos!!
Have fun Honey, Love You,
Mom and Dad and the little Monkey!
At June 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM ,
Debbie said...
Hi Lexie,
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I have been reading your notes to your mom. Haven't seen any pictures of you yet but will keep checking. I love you be safe and have a wonderful time. Granny D
At June 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM ,
Debbie said...
Hi Lexie,
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I have been reading your notes to your mom. Haven't seen any pictures of you yet but will keep checking. I love you be safe and have a wonderful time. Granny D
At June 28, 2011 at 7:15 PM ,
Heather said...
Maddy - Great picture of you making a retablo! I can't wait to see the finished product! It's so much fun following what you're doing through the blog updates and the photos. Love you, Auntie Heather
At June 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM ,
Anonymous said...
hey kaila,
Cant wait for you to come home and tell us all about your week. We love you and miss you very much.
Daddy misses his gracie.
We all love you.
xoxoxo
At June 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Lacy, seen you walking in the ruins that looked really interesting. I am glad you learned how to make tortillas so we can make them together when you get home. I saw you using the wooden press, was it easy? Baby Blu wants you to come home very soon as all of us do. We miss you and love you very much, Mom, Billy, and Bubba
At June 29, 2011 at 3:27 PM ,
nae said...
Lexie,
I miss you lots Baby Girl!!! I see you are having an awesome time and learning lots of new things. Will be looking for pictures of you. Have fun, we will see you soon!!!
Love,
Momma
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home