
Postcards from Camp: June 27, 2011
Company A
Dear Mom,
Today I saw a lot of old metal and machinery! I really REALLY miss you and James.
Signed, Maddy C.
Dear Dad and Papa,
Today I went digging in the dirt to find artifacts. I found some!
P.S. A dirt devil ruined it!
P.P.S. I Love You!
Signed, Roberto S.
Dear Family,
Today I made tortillas and it was my favorite activity. I’m having fun and staying safe. I’ve learned a lot about the Spanish culture.
Signed, Bradlie C.
Dear Kara and Victor,
Today I made a retablo with a piece of wood and pain. I also was an archeologist today, plus I went to a museum!
Signed, Victoria
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I made tortillas. I put hot sauce in one of them. People said it is hot, but I don’t think so. We had burritos for breakfast, tacos for lunch, and I don’t know what we are having for dinner. We learned a lot about Hispanic history.
Signed, Enrique S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I learned about Hispanic culture and we made tortillas and a lot of neat stuff. I can’t wait until Friday. I love you and miss you SO much!
Signed, Shyann
Dear Mom,
Today I heard a mariachi band and they were good, like at grandpas birthday party.
Signed, Gabriel
Dear Daddy, Mommy, Tina, Molly, and everyone else at home,
Today I found clues in the dirt, what we did was, we got a box with sand and artifacts. We dug and found neat things. I miss you and love you! I also feel a little home sick.
Signed, Kaila Lane
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I did a painting called a reatablo. It was of an angel. The painting, and making tortilals were my favorite things I did today!
Signed, Lexie V.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I learned about Hispanic culture. I am really enjoying camp so far! I love and miss you both. When I get home I’ll make tortillas for you!
Signed, Mollie T.
Dear Parents,
Today I did clues in the dirt, paingint, tortillas, and I want to go home to y’all and I miss you very much, and I love all of y’all.
Signed, Jasmin
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I learned so much stuff. I am having fun and I have made a lot of new friends.
Love, Nick
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I had fun! I mad tortillas and it was my favorite activity.
Love, Morgan.
Company B
Dear Mom,
We had Hispanic day today. I made a tortilla. I’m having fun.
Signed, Haleigh
Dear Aunt Genna,
Today I learned how to make corn and flour tortillas. I cannot wait till tomorrow. We went to the Presidio and it was fun.
Love, Geneva
Dear Grace and Abby,
Today I fond artifacts, painted a retabello, which is religious art, and went to the museum. I miss you two weirdos. See ya when I get home. Love ya!
Signed, Anna
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I learned how to make delicious tortillas and dig for artifacts.
Signed, Garrett
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to make flour tortillas. They were really good. We had hommakde chocolate too. I can’t wait to see you again. I love you and Bruno.
Signed, Rachel
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today was Hispanic Heritage Day. We went to the Presidio and the Menardville Museum. I enjoyed the museum the most. Well, I love and miss you.
Signed, Danielle
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I went to a museum to see an old war place and saw a cool river.
Signed, Emily
Dear Mom,
Today I dug for artifacts in a cardboard box. We also learned about the Spanish fort and soldiers. I miss you!
Love, Bri
Dear Mommy, Daddy and the Mutts,
Today I enjoyed the retables the most cause it’s paining and messy. I love and miss you.
Signed Truie
Dear Mom,
Today I acted like an archeologist. I found all kinds of fossils and other artifacts. It was very fun and weird. The weird part was finding animal bones. Love ya.
Signed, Lacy
Dear James,
Today I love the camp and I miss you. I learned to make tortillas.
Signed, Travis
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I made flour and corn tortillas and they were really good and I will show you what I learned.
Signed, Branden
Company C
Dear Dad,
Today I made tortillas with Mrs. A. It was a lot of fun; we made lots of tortillas. Got to go!
Signed, Madelon
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I did an archeology dig, made tortillas, and went to the museum .I love and miss you very much.
Signed, Emily C.
Dear Nana and Tata,
Today I painted a retablo and I put my name on it. We got to the make tortillas. We went to the museum and I learned a lot of stuff today.
Signed, Mariella
Dear Mom,
Today I went to the museum and got to see a lot of stuff.
Signed, Autumn
Dear Mom Dad and Jade,
Today I ate Hispanic food we made burritos and tacos. I love you Mom Dadas and Frank and Jade.
Love, Maycee
Dear family,
Today I took a tour of the presidios.
Signed, Bailey
Dear Mom Dad and Zeek,
Today I learned how to make corn and wheat tortillas. It was fun. Say hi to Zeek for me.
Love, Caleb
Dear Mommy,
Today I learned about Hispanic solders. I really really really miss you! :’(
Signed, Shelby
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I was having fun. Camp is cool, but I miss you a lot.
Love, Lucas
Dear family,
Today I merrily enjoyed painting the retablo. I enjoyed it because I love painting.
P.s I love you very much and I can’t wait to see y’all, y’all are the best.
Signed, Ashlyn
Dear Mom and Sisters,
Today I made corn and flower tortillas.
Signed, Ashleigh
4 Comments:
At June 28, 2011 at 5:34 PM ,
Jodie said...
Hi Rachel C,
I see you in alot of pictures..looks like alot of fun. Tomorrow is the camp out day/night and the canoe trip...YEA...I know you'll enjoy that. We all send our love and want you to have the best time...I love your blogs and postcards and I keep looking during the day for pictures.
Enjoy the rest of your stay..be safe...Love from all of us...that includes Bruno and Max.
At June 28, 2011 at 6:50 PM ,
Judy Serrano, author of The Easters Lilly Series, and The Linked Series. said...
Enrique, it sounds like you are having lots of fun. The canoe trip tomorrow should be very exciting. You'll have to tell us all about it.
We love and miss you,
Mom, Dad, Theo, Tad, Miguel and Max
At June 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Dear Branden,
We are so excited to hear about your adventures!!
I'm so happy that you were able to go to this camp, to learn and experience different things!! Especially since History is your favorite subject!!! We are so proud of you taking on this adventure!! Be Great! Stay Safe! And hydrate!!!
Love, Mom And Dad!!!
At June 30, 2011 at 11:26 PM ,
Gary C said...
Hi Rachel C,
Wow,that camp has so much cool stuff.Im glad your having a wonderful time. I will keep looking for more pictures of you. Have a great time, love you very much. Dad.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home