
Postcards from Camp: June 28, 2011
Company A
Dear Mom, G., A.H., Today I learned about buffalo soldiers. I got your blogs and I really, really miss you all, even James! Signed, Maddy C.
Dear Mom and Dad, Today I got your letter and I loved them! We learned about Buffalo Soldiers. I love you and miss you LOTS! I hope you write me back! Signed, Mollie T.
Dear Mom and Dad, Today I had drill practice with a wooden gun. I shot a BB gun and hit six targets. We played 19th Century baseball and talked with Buffalo Soldiers. Love you, Enrique
Dear Kara and Victor, Today I learned about the Buffalo soldiers, how to march lie a soldier, shoot a BB gun like one and saw guns they used in the old days and went swimming. Love, Victoria
Dear Mom and Dad, Today I learned about the Buffalo Soldiers. They are important and have to be really strong and look like the buffalo, like their hair and eyes. Signed, Lexie
Dear Mom, Today I learned about the Buffalo Soldiers and how to shoot a BB gun. We looked at old guns and knives and learned how to play 20th Century Baseball. Signed, Gabriel
Dear Mom and Dad, Today I love because of the things that I learned. The Buffalo Soldiers went everywhere with the other soldiers. My most favorite activities were the Buffalo Soldier presentations and BB gun shooting. Signed, Morgan
Dear Mommy, Daddy, Tina, Molly, and everyone else at home, Today I learned to shoot a BB gun and it was my favorite thing to do. I hope you are having fun. I miss you and love you, Kaila.
Dear Dad, Today I learned about BB guns and marching with a wooden musket. I learned about 19th Century Baseball, guns and knives. Signed, Roberto
Dear Family, Today I learned about Buffalo Soldiers. We went swimming and played 19th Century Baseball, I love you and I am having fun! Signed, Bradlie C.
Dear Mom and Kenny, Today I learned about a lot of stuff. They Buffalo Soldiers were my favorite. I miss you. I like your comments. Please write more! Signed, Shyann
Dear Parents, Today I learned a lot of stuff. My favorite activity was swimming. I love all of you and miss you. I can’t wait to get back home! Signed, Jasmin
Dear Mom and Dad, Today I learned all kinds of stuff about Buffalo Soldiers and how they slept during everything and how they survived. Love you Mom and Dad! Signed, Nick
Company BDear Mom and Dad,
Today was Buffalo Soldier Day. We went through drills and talks about the history of the Buffalo Soldiers. I had fun today. Tell the kittens I said hi and tell Chris, Mr. Charles, Mrs. Cat and Mr.Z I said hi. I love and miss you.
Love Danielle B.
Dear Mom,
Today I shot soda cans with a BB gun about 5-10 shots out of about 20-30! Not bad for starters! I luv and miss u!
Signed, Bri
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today was Buffalo Soldier Day. I learned a lot today.
Signed, Haileigh
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I did drill just like you do! I was really excited about the BB guns and drill. And I miss you and the family very much.
Signed, Branden
Dear Daddy,
Today I swam in the pool, did a gun drill and ate buffalo (gross), met an actually buffalo soldier. They call them buffalo soldiers because of their strength and their fighting ability. I love you. See you soon.
Signed, Anna
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I liked shooting BB guns the most. I had a great time.
Signed, Garrett
Dear Cody,
Today I learned about Buffalo Soldiers. They were very cool and some served during the Civil War just like papa did. I love and miss you very much. Tell Mom and Billy I miss them too!
Signed, Lacy
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today I learned about Buffalo Soldiers and went through drills for guns.
Signed, Emily
Dear Family,
Mom can me and you start weaving, doing archery and swimming more often?
Signed Truie
Dear Mom and Bruno,
Today I got to shoot a BB gun! I had so much fun doing it! I learned a lot about the Buffalo Soldiers, like how they got their name. I love you, Bruno and Max.
Signed, Rachel
Dear Aunt Genna,
Today I had so much fun. I can’t believe I actually turned 10 today, it was the best day ever. I love you and I don’t want to leave. I’m about to cry because I don’t want to leave.
Signed Geneva
Dear Everyone,
Today I learned everything about the Buffalo Soldiers. I want to get a south fighting hat.
Love, Logan
Dear Family:
Today I learned how to play 19 century baseball and learned about guns. Yall are the best ever. I miss yall bunches.
Love, Ashlyn
Dear Mom, Dad and Zeke:
Today I learned about buffalo soilders and all the important tasks that they performed.
Love, Caleb
Dear Mom and Dad:
Today I shot a BB gun, learned about Buffalo Soldiers and played 19th century baseball. I love you very much.
Love, Emily C.
Dear Mom:
Today I got a bone from a buffalo Solider, I shot a gun and I was a soldier.
Love, Shelby
Dear Mom, Dad and Jade:
Today I learned what the Buffalo Soldiers brought on trips. I also learned what they used to wash themselves.
Love, Maycee
Dear Maggie:
Today I learned how to hold the gun like a buffalo solider. They did not have erasers on their pencils.
Love, Mariella
Dear Family:
Today I shot a BB gun and missed every time!
Love, Ashley
Dear Mom,
Today I learned how to load a gun and learn about Buffalo Soldiers. Now we are about to have a program. Love you!
Love, Madelon
Dear Mommy and Daddy:
Today I learned how to play baseball the old timy way. It was really cool and I miss you very much.
Love, Autumn
Dear Family,
Today I learned how to shoot a BB gun and I also learned about Buffalo Soldiers.
Love, Bailey
Dear mom and dad:
Today I was having fun and it is cool but the important thing is that I miss you very much and hope you are having fun!
Love, Lucas
1 Comments:
At June 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM ,
Berni said...
Dear Kaila
Grandpa taught all his kids how to use BB Guns. We can set up a range in the backyard! Yeah, now we can have a tortilla night and what we don't eat we can use as BB targets! Wow, can't wait for you to come home...my life seems boring compared to yours now!
Love Grandma Berni
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home