} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Thursday, June 30, 2011



Postcards from Camp: June 29, 2011






Company B:

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was really fun. We tipped over a couple of times. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. I love and miss you bunches.
Love, Mollie T.

Dear Kara, Victor, and Paige,
The canoe trip was fun when we were gliding on the water and I was the motor or the person in the front, but it wasn’t that scary except all the times we almost tipped over but we didn’t.
Signed, Victoria C.

Dear Dad,
The canoe trip was awesome. I fell out of the canoe and swam into another canoe.
Love, Roberto

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was so awesome; I saw so many cool things. I can’t wait to get home tomorrow and tell you more about the trip.
Love, Nick

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was amazing. I had a lot of fun. There was a few rapids but it was peaceful. We saw turtles under water and fish too.
I love you, Enrique

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was awesome. The most fun of all is we are about to now go play a game of shinny.
Signed, Gabriel

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was good and a lot of hard work. It took 3 hours and 15 min for us to travel down the river. I love you and miss you all, and can’t wait to go home.
Love, Jasmine

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was sort of scary but also fun. We were in the lead most of the time. I got a little bit of a sunburn though.
Signed, Bradlie

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun and scary at the same time. The scary part was when we got stuck and I never thought that we were going to get out, but I liked the rest of the trip.
Love, Lexie

Dear Mom, Tina, and everyone at home,
The canoe trip was kind of scary. We kept going into shallow water and the counselors pulled us over the rocks. I love and miss you.
Love Kaila

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was very fun. It was peaceful, especially hearing the water. My favorite thing was going to though the fast moving water.
Signed, Morgan

Dear Mom and Kenny,
The canoe trip was fun, but it was long and difficult. It was fun camping out. I can’t wait till Friday to see you. I love you. Write me back.
Signed Shyann

Dear all,
The canoe trip was hard and long. At the end we got to swim! I am so glad that we get to come home tomorrow.
Signed, Maddy

Company B

Dear Daddy,
The canoe trip was really fun! I’m good in the front. I miss you Daddy. See you when I get home.
Love, Anna

Dear Mom and Dad,
Today was long, annoying and fun. While we were in the river, my face broke out! Tell Butterfinger I love him and tell Honey Dear I love her more. I miss you and love you.
Love, Danielle

Dear Crew,
The canoe trip was a little scary. But I lived! Tuesday night there was a scorpion by my bed stuff. Love and see you soon.
Signed Truie

Dear Dad and Mom,
The canoe trip was fun. There was lots of rapids, some people flipped.
Love Heleigh

Dear Mom, Dad, G-maw Bruno and Max,
The canoe trip was a lot of fun! But we did get stuck a lot. I had to take a break because my arms were tired. I can’t wait to see you again and I know the first thing I’m going to do: sleep.
Signed, Rachel

Dear Aunt Genna,
The canoe trip ws awesome but me and my friend G. do not work well together. I barely cried Tuesday night because I didn’t want to leave.
Signed Genny

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun. I saw four large-mouth bass. We kept getting stuck in the rocks and mud. We almost flipped the boat over and of course it was scary.
Signed, Lacy

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was scary. We tipped over three times. I had lots of fun. Love you so much.
Signed, Emily A.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun, boring, long and scary. I was worried because some of the bottom of the boat was filled with water and trail mix.
J Miss you!
Love, Bri

Dear James,
I went canoeing and saw the fish!
Signed, Travis

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was so fun, until you get stuck! I loved the rapids.
Signed, Garrett

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was scary but I survived and I love and miss you! See you tomorrow!
Signed, Branden

Company C

Dear Genna,
The canoe trip was long but fun and we never flipped over.
Signed, Shelby

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was amazing. I saw lots of fish. We also got to camp out. I love you and miss you very much.
Signed, Emily

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun and scary at the same time. The part was when Mrs. JoNeita fell. The scary part was when we got stuck in the rapids.
Signed, Mariella

Dear Mom, Dad, and Jade,
The canoe trip was fun and scary at the same time. The most scary time was when our boat tipped over.
Signed Maycee

Dear Mommy and Daddy,
The canoe trip was fun but scary. It was fun and amazing.
Signed Autumn

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was scary because I kept having to get out and push us over the rocks.
Signed Peanut (Ashleigh)

Dear Candice,
The canoe trip was fun and scary at the same time. We almost flipped and got stuck a lot. When we got to land I kissed it.
Signed, Madelon

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was fun and not so fun. The way it was not so fun is because I fell and cut my knee. I love you so much and can’t wait to see you.
Signed, Ashlyn

Dear JW,
I love you so much.
Signed, Hannah

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was scary because we kept on hitting the walls.
Signed, Bailey

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun and cool but I had fun. I miss you a lot.
Love, Lucas

Dear Mom, Dad, and Zeek,
The canoe trip was cool, very cool.
Signed Caleb

6 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Tina J said...

    Hi Shy baby!!! Glad you had fun canoeing!!! I don't know if you are getting this or not but I hope so!!! TOMORROW you get to come home!!!!! I love you SO much!!!

     
  • At June 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Ashley Milam said...

    Hey Autumn, this is your big sissy and I just wanted you to know that I miss and love you like crazy!! I cannot wait for you to come home so we can have date night and you can tell me all about camp!! I love you baby girl!

     
  • At June 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Lacy, Glad to hear that you had a great time on the canoe trip and saw some bass. How was camping out in the tent? See you tomorrow and I can't wait for hugs and kisses. Love you lots, Mom, Billy and Bubba

     
  • At June 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ashlyn, I am so sorry baby girl that you fell and cut your knee. I hope it wasnt too bad,and someone knew how to clean it up the way mom would have and given you a big hug. I can not wait to see you tomorrow. I love you.. Miss you and need an Ashy hug.
    mom dad and boys

     
  • At July 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM , Blogger Shawn R said...

    Hey Kiddo, glad you lived through the canoe trip:-P. Sounds like your week has been full of excitement. Cant wait to see ya. Did the little scorpion you saw look like Bob? If so he was a Striped Bark Scorpion. I hope you told one of the adults. Their sting can be dangerous if someone is allergic. but for most people its like a bad wasp sting. either way that would ruin a camping trip...I love you honey and Mom said you guys can work on the weaving, archery and swimming. We'll see you tomorrow. Get all your friends e-mail addresses or addresses where you can write them a letter. that way you can stay in touch with all of your new friends.

     
  • At July 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Missie said...

    Wow!! What an awesome week you all have had! Nick we can't wait to see you the days have flown by and we have so much to talk about when you get back!! Be safe and see you soon, love you bunches - mom, dad & the crew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home