Journal Day 1
Journaling: Sunday, June 24, 2012
Today’s prompts:
1. Have you been to camp before? If so, how is this camp different from others you have attended? If this is your first time at camp, describe what you are feeling right now.
2. Are you excited to learn new things and meet new friends? Who is in your company?
Company A
Jacolby M.
I have been camp before. It is fun because we are going to do archery, shinny and weaving. Yes, I am excited. Isaac and Julio are in my company.
Isaac R.
This is different from the other camp because the other camp had showers inside a restroom. Plus this camp is more military style and we raise and lower the flag in this camp. Yes, I’m excited to learn new things and I’ve already met a lot of friends and things are looking good. I have already learned about the honor of carrying the guide on flag.
Kameron S.
I have never been to camp before. I am excited to be going to archery and going swimming. Yes, I am excited to meet new friends and learn about Indians. I have met Isaac and Jacolby.
Victoria P.
Well, at other camps, we don’t go swimming or go camping for a week, just go for two days. We don’t do archery at other camps. Yes, I am excited to learn new things. I am in Company A.
Jakayly S.
At this camp I learn a lot more about history than other camps. In my company, I have met Savanah, Victoria, Angela, Morgan, Emily, Julio, Jacolby and Cameron.
Angela S.
This is my first camp I’ve ever attended and it’s pretty cool, except at night when all the giant bugs come in. I’m excited to have fun and learn at the same time! Especially with my company: Savanah, Jakayly, Morgan, Victoria, Cameron, Jacolby, Mr. Charles, Mrs. Arelene, and Mr. James.
Editor’s note: due to increased rain at Fort McKavett, the grasshoppers are a bit bigger than last year! Don’t worry, readers, the grasshoppers are much more frightened of the campers than the campers are of the grasshoppers.
Morgan W.
Yes, we stay longer, learn about history and meet people out of the area at this camp. I have met Angela, Jakayly, Victoria, Savanah, Emily, Isaac Jacolby and Julio.
Savanah G.
I haven’t been to camp before but I feel like this camp is going to be really, really fun…and hot! I’m already making new friends. I’m excited to learn about history. I’m already making new friends like Emily, Jakayly, Kameron, Angela, Jacolby, Isaac, Victoria and Julio.
Emily R.
I have been to camp before but this camp took 6 hours to get there and my other camp is two hours and there’s lots of hills at McKavett. I’m very excited to learn new things and in my company there are kids and their names are Savanah, Morgan, Victoria, Jakaly, Julio, Jacolby, Isaac, Angela, Emily and Kameron.
Julio G.
I think this camp has been really fun and it’s barely starting. I think it’s fun because we are going to do fun things. I am excited, I know new things and meet new friends. In my company there are 6 girls and 4 boys with me.
Company C
Phillip N.
I have been camping at Boy Scouts and this camp is different because I sleep in the barracks. I’m excited to learn new things and meet new friends.
Jamie H.
I have been to camp before. This camp is different from the others because it is 6 days and an outdoor camp and no air conditioning. I am very excited to learn new things and meet new people. My friends in my company are Madelon, Emma and Inspyr.
Jasmin S.
At other camps, we had to do a lot of other things like water balloon fights, shaving cream fights and water gun fights. At this camp I have met Haleigh, Madelon, Inspyr, Faith and Armondo.
Katelynn S.
Yes, I have been to another camp, Church camp. The church camp has air conditioning in the rooms. I have met Inspyr, Madelon, Tiana, Haleigh and some other people.
Cullen B.
At this camp, I am feeling weird. I have met a new friend named James.
Faith S.
I have been to camp before, but my last camp was less fun. I have already met Jordan and Tiana.
Armando H.
I have never been to camp before. I’m feeling awesome! I have met James, Phillip and Cullen.
James W.
I have been at camp before and this camp is kinda different because most of the buildings don’t have air conditioning and it is also different because it has many historic buildings. I am kind of excited to meet new friends. Many interesting people are in my company such as Colin, Katelynn, Phillip and Armando.
Tiana P.
I feel tired at camp right now. I have meet Madelon, Katelynn, and other people. One of the girls here has blue hair!
Emma B.
I miss home a little bit but it’s fun here and everyone’s really nice. I am excited, in my company I have met Madelon, Inspyr, Katelynn, Haleigh, Jasmin, and a lot of other people.
Madelon C.
This camp is more educational, very friendly, more people here, better meals and 6 days outdoors. I have met Inspyr, Emma, James, Cullen, Jamie, Katelynn, Faith and Jasmin.
Haleigh C.
I have met new people, including Madelon, Faith, Inspyr, Armondo and Miss Jerry.
Inspyr S.
This is my first time at camp and I feel excited but weirded out. I’m excited because of all the activities. I’m weirded out because of all the grasshoppers. I’m excited to learn about archery. In my company I have met Madelon, Jamie, Katelynn and many others I don’t know.
Company B
Joshua R.
I am feeling excited about camp. My company is Jaden, Noah, Josh, and James.
Jaden S.
I am having a good time at camp. I have met two people named James, they are nice.
Jordyn T.
This camp is different, from other camps I have attended, because it is stricter and you only have a little time to do everything. My company includes Taylor, Morgan, Melanie, Kayla, James, Brianna, Kourtnie, Josh, Noah, Joshua, and Jaden.
Joshua H.
I am feeling fine at camp. My company includes, Noah, Joshua, James, Morgan, Meliny, Brandon, Baily, Tamara, Kaylah, Jordan, Jaden, and Courtney.
Briana P.
This camp is about history, I have also attended camp with Girl Scouts. The Girl Scout camp was air-conditioned. My company includes, Jaden, Josh, Noah, Jordan, Kayla, Meliny, Morgan, James, Kourtnie, and Josh.
Meliny R.
This is my first time at camp, and I am very excited. I want to learn a lot of things about the Buffalo Soldiers.
Kaylah S.
I am feeling happy but tired. I really like Meliny and all the other people in my company.
Kourtnie S.
This camp is different from other camps because adults that are in my family got to come to the other camp with me. I feel good about this camp. I am excited to learn new things. Briana, Jaden, Josh, Noah, Josh, Kayla, Jordan, Taylor, Meliny, Morgan, and James are in my company.
Taylor W.
This camp is different because we go to sleep later and wake up earlier. I am excited to learn new things, my company includes, Jordan, Kaylah, James, Josh, Josh, Kourtnie, Jaden, Melanie, Brianna, and Morgan.
James C.
This camp is way better than the other camp because I have learned so much more. I love the food! I am excited to learn new things. I am also proud to meet new friends. The people in my company are: Josh, Josh, Meliny, Taylor, Jaden, Jordan, Morgan, and Kaylah.
Morgan B.
I have never been to a camp like this one. I am excited to learn new things and meet new friends. Meliny, James, Josh #1, Josh #2, Noah, Kourtnie, Briana, Jaden, Taylor, Jordan, and Kaylah are in my company.
Noah R.
This camp is different from other camps, because at those camps we would eat at out at different places. In my company are Josh, Josh, James, Morgan, Courtney, Meliny, Kaylah, and Jordan.
14 Comments:
At June 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Love it!! It looks you are all having a great time!
At June 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Don't hold back, have all the fun you can!
At June 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM ,
lkboettger said...
Cullen B
So is this the James in your company or another one? Hope you are having fun!
Love ya!
Mom, Viv, Chris and Dad
At June 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM ,
lkboettger said...
Angela S
I know you aren't afraid of those bugs! Have fun Mischief!
Love,
Aunt Lesley
At June 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM ,
Unknown said...
Angela S.,
What kind of bugs are they? Have lots of fun. Love you, miss you. Kayla says she loves you. Aurora says hi.
Love, Mom
At June 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM ,
Unknown said...
Cullen B.,
Are you having lots of fun? Make lots of friends.
Love you, Aunt Jennifer
At June 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Isaac,
Hope you are having lots of fun. We miss you and hope you are making lots of friends!!!
Love, Mom
At June 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi James W,
We really enjoy your writings on the daily journal. We are very proud of you!
Have a lot of fun, learn a lot of stuff, and make a lot of friends!!!
We all miss you very much,
Love,
Dad, Mom, Grandpa, and Grandma
At June 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi Inspyr S.
I am so glad to know you are having a great time. Guess this camp gives new meaning to dont let the bed bugs bite ;). Dont forget to say your prayers and brush your teeth. ILY
Mommy
At June 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM ,
Unknown said...
Briana P.
We can go and do archery when you get home. I did when I was young. I even owned a bow and arrows to practice with at home.
Vinnie has his toy.
Mom
At June 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM ,
Unknown said...
Katelynn and Kourtnie S. and Taylor W.
Your Nene is not able to blog right now. She says she is really enjoying the pictures and the letters. She says"Have fun!"
I will try to get her on the blog tomorrow.
Stay safe and have fun.
Nancy
At June 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM ,
Unknown said...
Victoria P.
I saw you dancing. Lookin good. Keep up the good work.
Have a great day tomorrow.
I love you.
Mom
At June 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Dear Jakayly S and Jaden S,
We are glad you are having a good time. Looking forward to seeing you
soon
Love, MawMaw and PawPaw
At June 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM ,
Unknown said...
Tiana P.
The pictures are great. Know you are having fun. Hope to hear about it when you get home.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home