} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp: Journal: Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Journal: Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Today’s prompts:
1. Did you enjoy the campout at South Llano River State Park?
2. What did you learn from the Naturalist at the South Llano State Park?
3. Did you enjoy the canoe trip? Who was in your canoe?

Company A

Angela S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned the types of animals that live at the park. I had Victoria P. and Mr. Charles in my canoe.

Emily R.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout at the South Llano River Park. I learned that they have hunters come in to shoot the dear to control the population. Mrs. Kate and Jakayly were in the canoe with me.

Savana G.
I did not really enjoy the campout because I was sleeping on a rock. I learned that a lot of animals live at the park. Morgan and Miss Arlene were in my canoe but I didn’t enjoy the canoe trip because we flipped over 3 times.

Morgan B.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned about the types of snakes and that there was once an alligator here. Miss Arlene and Savanah were in my canoe.

Kameron S.
Yes, I enjoyed camping in the tents. At the park, I learned about different animals. I enjoyed the canoe trip. Julio and James  were in my canoe. It was fun but long and my arms still hurt from paddling.

Julio G.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout because I had fun putting the tent up. I learned that in the park there are a lot of animals like snakes, bobcats, mountain lions and other animals. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip. I was in a canoe with James and Kameron.

Jakayly S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout at South Llano River State park. It was exciting. I learned that the park has almost 1,000 turkeys each fall. I enjoyed the canoe trip. Emily and Miss Kate were in my canoe.

Jacolby M.
Yes, the campout was fun, we took a canoe trip and slept in tents. At South Llano River we learned about different animals and a story about an alligator that used to live in the park. I enjoyed the canoe trip. Issac and me and Steve were in a boat. I got to fish with Mr. Steve.

Victoria P.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout, my favorite thing was the canoe trip. I learned about all the animals and the wild life at the park. I did enjoy the canoe trip. Angela and Mr. Charles were in my boat.

Isaac R.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. Even though my sleep wasn’t too great, it was very fun. I learned about all sorts of plants and animals along with a couple of stories. I enjoyed the canoe trip with Jacolby and Mr. Steve and we caught a fish.

Company B

Taylor W.
I enjoyed the campout because we got wet. At South Llano State Park I learned different things can live in the same place. I enjoyed the canoe trip. Mrs. Bailey and James C. were in my canoe.

Meliny R.
No, I did not enjoy the campout! I learned that they have a lot of different animals. No, I did not enjoy the canoe trip.

Kaylah S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout, it was fun. I learned that they had all different animals at the park. I did and did not enjoy the canoe trip.

Morgan B.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout, it was beautiful. I learned they have a lot of different animals. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip, it was fun and in my canoe was Noah. There were fish.

Kourtinie S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned that they have many different kinds of animals that I did not know about. I didn’t really enjoy the canoe trip, it was kinda boring. Mikey and Kayla were in my canoe.

James C.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout at South Llano State Park. I learned that there are a lot of animals. I did enjoy the canoe trip, I was in a canoe with Taylor and Ms. Bailey.

Josh H.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I had a lot of fun. Jordyn was in my canoe.

Jaden S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned a lot about the turkeys. I had fun on the canoe trip. Tamara and Meliny were in my canoe.

Joshua R.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned that porcupines eat bark and leaves. I enjoyed the canoe trip, Briana was in my canoe.

Jordyn  T.
Yes, I did enjoy the campout, it was so fun sleeping in a tent with friends. I learned that the park is full of different species and animals that I wouldn’t be able to see in Houston. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip because we flipped over a lot. Brandon and Josh were in the canoe with me.

Noah R.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I learned that there was an alligator in a pond. Morgan was in my canoe.

Briana P.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout, it was fun. I learned that there are lots of animals. Turkeys come from fall to the end of spring. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip, it was me and Joshua in the canoe.


Company C

Inspyr S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout because there was hot water and I got to share a tent with Katelynn and Jamie. I learned about all the animals that live there like turkeys, squirrels, mountain lions and many more harmless things like snakes. No, I didn’t enjoy the canoe trip, I had to share a canoe with Philip and “farts man” Mr. Cody.

Haleigh C.
Yes, the canoe trip was great. I shared a tent with my friends. At the park I learned that all kinds of animals live there. And that porcupines go up in the top of trees. Yes, I had so much fun on the canoe trip. I went in the canoe with Jasmin.

Jasmin S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I tented with Madelon, Jayayly and Haleigh. At the park I learned that they have lots of animals and fish. Three different types of squirrels and porcupines go to the top of the trees. I enjoyed the canoe trip, I was in a boat with Haleigh. I had a lot of fun in the canoe.

Jamie H.
Yes, I did enjoy the campout, it was fun and we saw a cute little bunny. We learned that there are over 1000 wild turkeys in the state park. Yes I did enjoy the canoe trip, I was with faith and Jensen.

Katelynn S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout, I was sleeping in a hole all night. I got to camp with Jamie and Inspyr. I learned that the park is known for turkeys and they have 30 different species of snakes. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip, I got to ride with Jeri who is the awesomest person in the world!! And we got flipped 3 times. 

Armando H.
Yes, the campout was fun. I learned about plants. I enjoyed the canoe trip. I was in a canoe with James and Cullen.

James W.
I did not enjoy the campout because it was kinda hard to sleep. I learned that many species live in the park such as the wild turkeys. I did not enjoy the canoe trip with Armando and Cullen because we had to pull the boat sometimes.

Emma B.
Yes, I liked getting the tent ready and canoing but we got stuck a lot. We also had hot water it was so good. I learned they have a lot of turkeys there from all over the world. Also they have over 500 deer and bunnies. Yes, I did enjoy the canoe trip! I had Mrs. Crystle, Madelon and me. I paddled so much my arms hurt and we got stuck a lot and Madelon and I had to pull the boat.

Madelon C.
Yes, I liked sleeping in a tent with friends and setting the tent up. I learned that there are so many plants and animals for example the turkey comes in the winter. I enjoyed the canoe trip very much it was exciting. I had Emma and Crystal in my boat.

Philip N.
I liked camping and scaring girls. I learned about the animals. The canoe trip was okay, we were slowed down by Cody.

Cullen B.
I enjoyed the campout because I didn’t have a grasshopper on me. I learned that there’s a bunch of deer. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip. I was in a canoe with Armando and James.

Faith S.
Yes, I enjoyed the campout. I was canoeing in the river with Jensen and Jamie. At the park I saw a jack rabbit and turkeys and deer. Yes, I enjoyed the canoe trip!

Tiana P.
Yes I enjoyed the campout. I saw lots of different animals like two pigs. In my canoe was Katelynn, Jeri. We flipped over 3 times.   

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home