} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp: Photo Update: June 25, 2012

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Photo Update: June 25, 2012

Today was Hispanic Day at Old Stories New Voices!


Today we visited the Menardville Museum.


Campers also visited the Presidio San Saba.


We learned how to make homemade tortillas!


We dug for clues in the dirt, learning about archaeology. 


Campers painted retablos.


In the evening a mariachi band came and played and sang for us! Many campers got up and danced to the music. 





We had so much fun today!!

5 Comments:

  • At June 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Faith S.
    Looks like your having fun at camp. I miss you and be careful

    Kameron S.
    I saw you dancing. You look so happy. I am happy your having a good time.

    Kaylah S.
    You look like you having so much fun wish I could be there with you. Be safe and enjoy camp

     
  • At June 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Isaac-

    Yummy tortillas can't wait for you to make us some.

     
  • At June 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM , Blogger AMBER ESTEP said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At June 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM , Blogger AMBER ESTEP said...

    jasmin have fun we miss u and love u to

     
  • At June 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Celicia said...

    Dear Inspyr,
    I cant wait for you to come home and make those homemade tortillas. You know how we love tacos. And I called Mi Mi to tell her that you signed your name sugar cookie;). Any wayz I love you and miss you lots and lots. So grateful to GOD for this opportunity you earned. Make many memories everyday Spice. ILY
    Mommie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home