} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp: Postcards from Camp: Canoe Day

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Postcards from Camp: Canoe Day


Postcards from Camp Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Company A

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was really scary because I was scared the canoe would tip over but it didn’t. So the trip was fun and scary.
Signed,
Emily R.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was awesome. I canoed with Victoria and Mr. Charles and afterwards we camped out and I saw fireflies! The coolest part was that I saw a shooting star! I miss you can’t wait to get home!
Love,
Angela S.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was very horrible because I flipped over 3 times and we had to get out of the canoe where it was shallow. So it wasn’t that fun.
Signed,
Savanah G.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was awesome. The part that was scary was when we tiped and it was pouring rain.
Signed,
Morgan B.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was long but I had fun and my arms hurt from all the paddling. No really, they do.
Signed,
Kameron S.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was a little scary when we were in the deep water. And it was fun when we got out of the water and played.
Signed,
Julio G.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was awesome. I had a lot of fun. I can’t wait until next year. I miss all of you!
Signed,
Jakayly S.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was fun because I went fishing.
Signed,
Jacolby M.

Dear Jane,
The canoe trip was very fun, once we almost tipped the boat over and fell out.
Signed,
Victoria P.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun and we did a lot of things in the river. We paddled. We swam. We pulled, we pushed and Mr. Steve even caught a fish.
Signed,
Isaac R.


Company B

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun. The scary part was almost tipping over the fun part was getting we. Love you.
Signed,
Taylor W.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was not awesome because spiders crawled onto me!
Signed,
Melinie R.

Dear Wendy,
The canoe trip was the best I had lots of fun on the canoe trip.
Signed,
Kaylah S.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fantastic! I can’t wait to tell you about it.
Signed,
Morgan B.

Dear NeNe,
The canoe trip was a tiny bit scary and a little fun. When I found a leech on me it was scary. It was fun when we finished because we got to swim.
Signed,
Kourtnie S.

Dear Me,
The canoe trip was fun and find me now!!!!
Signed,
James C.

Dear Grandma,
The canoe trip was really fun.
Signed,
Josh H.

Dear Moma and Daddy,
The canoe trip was fun. I am having fun.
Signed,
Jaden S.

Dear Daddy,
The canoe trip was scary because we high taled a log and fun cause we got to swim.
Signed,
Joshua R.

Dear Mother,
The canoe trip was fun and exciting. It was also tiring because Josh flipped us over.
Signed,
Jordyn T.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was fun. I was the first on to finish. I never tipped over and I was in the front.
Signed,
Noah R.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun. The scary part was when we got stuck. The fun part was ever other part.
Signed,
Briana


Company C

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was horrible because I was hanging out of the boat and I was doing the hard work the whole time.
Singed,
Spyda  (Inspyr S.)

Dear Mommy,
The canoe trip was so much fun. Me and Jasmin had a lot of trouble in the boat because it got stuck. I miss you.
Signed,
Haleigh C.

Dear Mom, Dad, Family,
The canoe trip was really fun and Haleigh was in my canoe. I can’t wait to see y’all tomorrow! Love y’all!
Signed,
Jasmin

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was very fun but we kept getting stuck. On the rapids we did not get stuck.
Signed,
Jamie H.

Dear Nene,
The canoe trip was FUN!! In the middle of the canoe trip we had a water fight. And I fell a bunch of times.
Signed,
Katelynn S.

Dear Grandpa,
The canoe trip was awesome but we got stuck a lot. When we camped we messed around with our flash lights.
Signed,
Armando H.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was scary because I thought we were lost. It was fun because I got to canoe again.
Signed,
James W.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was very awesome although I had to pull the boat a lot because it got stuck. I can’t wait to come home.
Love always,
Emma B.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was very fun! We flipped over, I saved my glasses. I got a scratch on my leg from jumping in the canoe. Miss you, coming home soon!
Signed,
Madelon C.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was OK but we were slowed down by Cody on the canoe. We scared some girls and went to sleep.
Signed,
Phillip

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was awesome. I kept getting out of the water to pull the canoe.
Signed,
Cullen

Dear Jane,
The canoe trip was fun! We flipped the canoe.
Signed,
Tiana P.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was very, very fun. We kept getting stopped by rocks.
Signed,
Faith S.




6 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Angela S,
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your canoe trip and camping. I can't wait to see you tomorrow and hear all about your week. Keep having fun and have a safe trip home tomorrow.
    Love you, miss you,
    Mom

     
  • At June 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Cullen B,
    Glad you had an awesome time on your canoe trip. I'll have to find a big grasshopper so you can enjoy having one on you. Keep having fun and have a safe trip home tomorrow.
    Love you,
    Aunt Jennifer

     
  • At June 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dear Kourtnie,

    Love you, miss you, see you tomorrow.

    Love,
    Nene

     
  • At June 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Jamie H:)

    What a great experience! I'm sorry you got stuck but I bet you learned a lot about how to handle a canoe! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! We love you!!!!xxxxoooxxxx

     
  • At June 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Victoria, Briana and Tiana Patton

    Lookin forward to when you come home. Sounds like you had fun canoeing. Take care and we will see you tomorrow.

    Mom, Dad and Jane

    PS: Jason and Vennie can't wait to see you.

     
  • At June 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM , Blogger AMBER ESTEP said...

    i can"t wait to see u tomorrow to i miss u to love Dad & mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home