Camper Journals: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Today’s prompts were:
1. Describe what you learned in yesterday’s guard duty
and drill practice. Did you enjoy being a soldier for a day?
2. Did you enjoy learning to use the BB Gun? Why or why
not?
3. How is 19th century baseball different from
today’s game?
Company C
Alexandra V.
I enjoyed being a soldier for a day. I t was very
interesting to learn all the positions of a soldier. Shooting a BB Gun was
harder than it looks. I only shot one can. 19th century baseball has
four outs and strikes instead of three. The game was really confusing to me but
I did it and in the end my team won.
Cheyenne H.
I did not enjoy being a soldier. I loved shooting the BB
gun. 19th century baseball is different because you don’t use a
glove.
Gavin B.
I enjoyed being a soldier for a day! It was fun but it
must not be fun for the soldier. 19th century baseball is different
because if the ball bounces then is caught the runner is out. There’s four
strikes instead of three.
Jasmin S.
Yes, I enjoyed being a soldier. We learned how the
soldiers had to be loud and remember their positions. I enjoyed BB guns because
I shoot BB guns almost all the time at my grandparents ranch. I loved 19th
century baseball. We won the game 8 to 6.
Samira S.
I liked being a soldier for a day because we learned how
to march around. I loved learning how to use the BB gun because I got to shoot
some soda cans. 19th century baseball is different from today’s game
because instead of three outs there are four outs.
Mikayla H.
I did enjoy being a soldier for a day. It was real fun to
be a soldier. But it was so unexpected when he did it, I didn’t think we
couldn’t have done it without Patrick and Kendra and Big Country. And I hope we
can do that again! I love to shoot the BB guns because you have to use your
brain and your eyes. And if you do it and keep doing it you get better and
better! The ball is very different from today’s ball and you can use the tiny
baseball bat or the big baseball bat. And there are no gloves.
Xavier A.
I liked the different commands. We learned how to hold a
gun. I did enjoy using the BB guns because they were easy to operate and
weren’t as loud as other guns. 19th century baseball is different
because if the ball touches the ground you can still get it.
Phillip N.
I didn’t enjoy being a soldier because it got tiring and
boring. I already use a BB gun at my house but it was still fun re-learning. 19th
century baseball is different because it has no gloves, it’s easier for the
batter and if the ball is caught after it bounces it is an out.
Daniel X.
We learned movements from a Buffalo Solider. I enjoyed
because a solider because the marching and [wooden] guns were very fun. I
enjoyed using the BB gun since I never had shot one, but I shot 12 cans. 19th
century baseball is different because there are four strikes and four outs,
instead of today’s three. Also if a ball bounces once and you catch it the
batter is out. In addition, there are no force outs, where the person on base
is forced to run. You can only tag runners to get them out.
Collyn S.
We learned how to march and how to carry a gun and how
they came to be soldiers and I had lots of fun. I enjoyed learning to use the
BB gun because I like shooting things. 19th century baseball is
different because if it bounces and you catch the ball it is an out, and you
did not have a glove.
Morgan T.
The drill was fun. I got to learn all the stances with a
fake gun. I also learned about Buffalo Soldiers. I enjoyed the BB guns even
though I already know how to shoot. I liked it because the cans were swinging
in the wind. 19th century baseball is different because there are
four outs and four strikes, no gloves, softer baseball, and you can hit people
with the ball.
Simon G.
I enjoyed being a solider for a day. There are a lot of
motions you need to understand. I enjoyed learning to use the BB gun because I
shot all the cans. 19th century baseball is different because there
are no gloves, no force outs, four outs and four strikes.
Diego M.
Being a soldier for a day was interesting. You had to be
in order and in uniform. I did enjoy learning to use the BB gun. I hit a can
five times! 19th century baseball is different because you have four
strikes instead of three. It was really fun!
Company A
Joseph C.
I learned that being a soldier is very hard and support
arms is an uncomfortable position. I enjoyed shooting a BB gun because it is
fun and exciting when you shoot a can. 19th century baseball is
different by the rules. One example is if it bounces once you catch it they’re
out.
Zachary R.
I learned most of all the forms and commands for holding
a gun. I guess it was kind of interesting, the wooden toy gun probably wasn’t
as heavy as the real gun. I enjoyed learning to use the BB gun because I like
to shoot things. 19th century baseball is different because the ball
can bounce once and somebody can still catch it and the batter will be out.
Clayton J.
I enjoyed being a soldier for the day because I learned
some positions. I already learned how to use a BB gun before camp.
Tyshun S.
I enjoyed being a soldier because we got to march with
fake guns. I enjoyed shooting BB guns because I hit the can ten times. 19th
century baseball is different because you get four outs and four strikes.
Christian V.
I did not exactly enjoy being a soldier. It was very hot
yesterday and marching in circles was not very fun. I liked learning to use the
BB gun because I like using BB guns to shoot at targets. I actually cannot tell
you why 19th century baseball is different from today’s game. You do
use different baseball bats and baseballs and the rules are a little different
but other than that it is the same.
Will C.
I enjoyed being a soldier for a day. I learned how to
march. I like using the BB gun because I hit a lot of cans. 19th century
baseball has four strikes and four outs and the gloves are different than
today’s game.
Gracie W.
I enjoyed being a soldier because it was a great
opportunity to be put in their shoes. I kind of like using the BB guns because
I got hurt [with a minor injury fixed
with a band aid!]. But on the other hand I like it because it’s not every
day you can shoot a BB gun. 19th century baseball is different
because if the ball bounces on the ground once, the players on the field can
catch it, and get the person who hit it out.
Arrial E.
I didn’t enjoy doing guard duty that we learned. We
learned right face, left face, and rest arms. I enjoyed the BB guns it was fun
and cool. 19th century baseball is different because you don’t have
a glove and you have four strikes and four outs and there are no balls.
Ivory G.
I learned that being a soldier for a day was harder than
I thought. It was very fun but my hand was hurting for awhile holding the gun.
I enjoyed learning to use a BB gun because it was fun. 19th century
baseball was different from today’s baseball because there was no steel or bean
balls. But it was fun but we lost.
David D.
We learned positions with a gun and marched with it too.
I enjoyed being a soldier because we saw what a solider does and it was very
cool with all the equipment. It was fun learning how to use the BB gun because
it was fun aiming at the cans and shooting them. 19th century
baseball is different from today’s game because we have different rules now.
JaRayl P.
I did and did not enjoy being a solider. The bad part was
it was too hot. The good part was that I got to lead. I enjoyed using the BB
guns. I am in the boy scouts and I know how to shoot a gun. 19th
century baseball is different because it has four outs and four strikes.
Joscelyn A.
Being a soldier must’ve been hard because marching in a
single file line and remembering all of those positions was difficult enough! I
really liked using the BB guns but I wasn’t too good at it. I only hit the
target twice but it was still fun. 19th century baseball is very
different from 21st century baseball. Instead of three strikes there
are four strikes. And same thing with the outs too.
Gaven A.
I enjoyed being a soldier it was fun. I have not shot a
BB gun in a long time, but enjoyed it. 19th century baseball is
different because if the ball bounces and then someone catches it, then you’re
out.
Company B.
Jamie H.
Yes, I liked being a soldier for a day. We learned how to
hold a rifle and the meaning of different calls. Yes, I loved shooting a BB
gun. Because you’re in control of everything like shooting, aiming, how your
gun is positioned, where you shoot. 19th century baseball is
different because in 19th century baseball you get four strikes
instead of today you get three, the ball is softer than today’s, if it bounces
and you catch it and you get the runner out, no points.
Moses S.
I learned left face, right face, and the position to hold
the gun. I enjoyed shooting a BB gun because I’ve been shooting BB guns since I
was little. In 19th century baseball, if the ball bounces you can
still get that person out.
Samantha A.
I enjoyed being a soldier for a day! We learned different
poses for the gun and we marched. I enjoyed BB guns because it was exciting and
you had to concentrate. In 19th century baseball there is four
strikes instead of three and to get runners out you get one bounce instead of
none.
Savannah S.
Being a solder is challenging because you have to
practice and walk in line. I enjoyed BB guns because you get to shoot the cans.
In 19th century baseball the balls are harder.
Connie F.
We had to right face and about face. Yes, I did like
being a soldier. Yes, I did like shooting BB guns because I am used to shooting
BB guns. In 19th century baseball there are four outs and the ball
is softer.
Ashley W.
Yesterday in guard duty and drill practice I learned how
to properly march and hold a [wooden] rife. I enjoyed being a soldier for a
day. I enjoyed learning how to use a BB gun because I really like guns and I
like to shoot guns. 19th century baseball is different because the
balls are softer, there are no mitts, and there are four strikes instead of
three.
Nicolas T.
I learned how to march. I didn’t enjoy being a soldier. I
enjoyed using the BB gun because I shot the can six times. 19th
century baseball has different rules like no force out and no steals.
James C.
I did enjoy being a soldier and in drill practice I
wacked my gun on my head. I enjoyed using the BB gun because I got on a hot
streak. 19th century baseball has four strikes and four outs and no
walks.
Delling D.
The thing we did for yesterday’s guard duty is that we
were doing many soldier drills and shot BB guns. I enjoyed shooting the BB gun
and shot 35 cans! (I was tied) The 19th century baseball had four
strikes, four outs, and you would be out if the other team caught the ball,
even if the ball bounces first.
Carmen G.
Yesterday, we got to practice marching like soldiers. I
liked shooting the BB guns very much, it was cool. In 19th century
baseball if the ball bounces and is caught, you are out.
Morgan W.
I enjoyed the drill, I learned the gun moves during drill
practice. I enjoyed BB gun shooting because we got to shoot cans. In 19th
century baseball, one bounce and caught and the batter is out, there are four
strikes, and there is no stealing bases.
Holden A.
I liked being a solder because we got wooden guns and
marched with them. I liked using a BB gun because I like hunting. In 19th
century baseball you get four outs instead of three.
Terrence R.
Being a soldier was a great experience I wish I could do
it again. I liked using a BB gun because I’ve had to practice on BB guns and
actual guns before. In 19th century baseball you get four strikes,
there’s no stealing bases and if the ball bounces once and is caught you’re
out.
Company D.
Erica W.
We learned all the positions of holding the guns. I had
an awesome time being a soldier. I enjoyed learning to use the BB guns because
it’s a big responsibility to hold a BB gun. That show that they have a sense of
trust in me. In 19th century baseball you have four strikes instead
of three, you catch with your hands, not a mitt, and the ball is squishy.
Antonio S.
Yes, I did enjoy being a soldier for a day. I liked marching
around with my company. Yes, I enjoyed learning to use the BB gun. I liked them
because we got to shoot at cans. In 19th century baseball, the
baseballs are softer, we used our hands to catch the ball instead of mitts,
instead of three strikes you get four, the same with outs.
Shastia A.
At the guard duty and drill practice I learned how to
salute and hold a wooden gun. I liked marching around. I liked using the BB gun
because I shot the cans a lot, and it was with Mr. Russell, who is awesome. Mr.
Steve is too. 19th century baseball is different from today’s game
because there are four strikes.
Jillian A.
I learned the different poses of a soldier. I enjoyed
being a soldier. I enjoyed learning to use the BB gun because I love to learn
new things. In 19th century baseball there’s four outs instead of
three.
Andrea S.
I learned new poses and a lot of people got to volunteer.
I liked learning to use the BB gun, I had to hit the aluminum cans. It was
really fun. 19th century baseball has four strike outs instead of
three. The ball can bounce and you’re still not going to be out.
Nick H.
I liked being a soldier because we got to march around. I
also liked shooting the bb guns because I only missed four shots. In 19th
century baseball you can catch the ball after a bounch and still you get the
guy out.
Madelon C.
We learned how to present our guns and learned how to
march. We also made up songs. I like to practice shooting. They had cans sent
up and they sounded really cool when you hit one. In 19th century
baseball, outfield has to get four outs instead of three. You have four strikes
instead of three. To get someone out you have to tag them. The ball is softer.
Elijah H.
I sort of liked being a soldier, my feet were on fire but
besides that it was fun. I liked using the BB guns because I hit the can
sixteen times. In 19th century baseball there are no forceouts, four
strikes than out, balls are softer and the bats are different.
Ally C.
I did enjoy doing drill practice. I did like shooting the
BB gun, but I don’t think I hit anything. In 19th century baseball
there are no gloves, four strikes and four outs.
Tyler D.
I enjoyed being a soldier for a day because you get to
learn how the Buffalo Soldiers were back then. I enjoyed learning to use a BB
gun because you get to learn a fun experience. 19th century baseball
is different – when you hit the ball if it bounces one time and you catch it he
is out.
Thomas R.
I liked being a soldier because it felt good being tired
and going to bed quickly. I did not like using the BB guns because my BB gun
didn’t work very well. In 19th century baseball you did not have
helmets, you had four strikes and four outs.
Derek S.
I did enjoy learning to march. Yes, I enjoyed BB guns because
I like to shoot BB guns. In 19th century baseball, there are four
strikes instead of 3 and the bats are different.
Angel M.
We did lots of maneuvers and gun holding positions that
the Buffalo soldiers did. It was kind of fun and it was tiring. I didn’t like
using the BB guns because I don’t like learning how to use a gun. In 19th
century baseball, you have more outs and strikes and you can catch the ball on
the first bounce.
2 Comments:
At June 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM ,
Aldana Family said...
Xavier, Sounds like you were a real soldier for a day. Maybe you might want to try ROTC when you get older. I bet you did a great job at the BB shoot.
See ya soon
Love
Mom
At June 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM ,
Aldana Family said...
Joscelyn,
Im sure it was very hard being a soldier, and well BB guns arn't for everyone. Hopefully you remember the rules for the 19th century baseball so we can play at MOMOs house. It sounds like fun
See you soon
Love
Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home