Postcards from Camp: June 26, 2013
Company A
Dear Dad,
My favorite activity was 19th century baseball
because I like baseball.
Signed,
Gaven A.
Dear Family and Friends,
I learned about many things that the Buffalo soldiers did
during their free time. They read, played baseball and my favorite thing –
whittling.
Signed,
Joscelyn A.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday was Buffalo soldier day. We did BB guns, acted
like we were on guard duty and learned from buffalo soldiers. I love ya’ll and
can’t wait to see you in two days.
Love,
JaRayl P.
Dear Someone,
Yesterday, we used BB guns to shoot cans. It was fun
because you got to match up the target with the mark and shoot. I shot 13 cans.
Signed,
David D.
Dear Family,
I learned from the buffalo soldiers that they called them
buffalo soldiers because of their hair and eyes. My favorite activity was
carving the Ivory soap.
Signed,
Ivory G.
Dear Mom, Dad and Terry,
Today we are going canoeing, it will be fun and awesome.
Love y’all, bye.
Signed,
Arrial
Dear Dad,
My favorite activity was whittling, because it was a fun
experience. I am making the Alice in Wonderland “Drink Me” bottle.
Signed,
Gracie W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I learned from the buffalo soldiers that they did not
really use the shovels because it bent their barrels and reflected a lot of light.
My favorite activity was marching.
Signed,
Will C.
Dear Mom,
I learned a lot of interesting things about buffalo
soldiers, but I think the most interesting thing was the whittling.
Signed,
Christian V.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was shooting bb guns because I like
shooting guns.
Singed,
Tyshun S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I learned some gun positions, and make sure you tell
Hazel hi for me.
Love,
Clayton J.
Dear Dad,
I learned that the buffalo soldiers got their name due to
a resemblance to a buffalo. My favorite activity was the bb gun.
Signed,
Batman [Zachary R.]
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was whittling because you can carve
a block of wood.
Signed,
Joseph C.
Company C
Dear Dad,
19th century baseball was awesome. You would
have loved it. Now there was four outs and strikes instead of three. It was
fun. Hope to see you soon.
Signed,
Alexandra V.
Dear Liberty,
I can’t wait to see you.
Signed,
Cheyenne H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Today we had bb gun practice and I hit 10 cans. Please
tell poppy I love and miss you much. Goodbye.
Signed,
Gavin B.
Dear Family,
I loved the baseball the most and I love y’all and miss
y’all. I can’t wait to see y’all Friday. I am having a very fun time here. I
love it. Love you and miss you. XOXOXO.
Signed,
Jasmin S.
Dear Dad,
Yesterday was buffalo soldier day and I got to shoot some
BB guns. I loved it.
Signed,
Samira S.
Dear Mom,
I’ve been having a very fun time here. Yesterday I
learned how to use a gun and I gave them directions. It was very fun. See ya
soon.
Signed,
Mikayla H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I learned that buffalo soldiers used rifles and bayonets.
My favorite activity was the BB guns.
Signed,
Xavier A.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday we played 19th century baseball. I
made it to the first two bases and got tagged out before I could run back to
home.
Signed,
Phillip N.
Dear Family,
My favorite activities were the BB guns. The guns weren’t
loud, only popping sounds were heard. The guns are $19 and the BBs are $0.22.
Can we get one?
Signed,
Daniel X.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was marching around and learning all
of the commands and how to carry a gun.
Signed,
Collyn S.
Dear Mandy,
I wish you were here to see how much fun it is. I get to
see real buffalo soldiers. I also got to
see the award called the Purple Heart. It is so pretty and valuable.
Signed,
Morgan T.
Dear Mom and Dad,
We did BB guns and I shot every can (11 shots!), we did
guard duty and my team won at 19th century baseball.
Signed,
Simon G.
Dear Dad,
Camp has gone by real fast! I do miss you though. But
camp has been fun, aminly because of the fact that we were doing the
activities.
Signed,
Diego M.
Company D.
Dear Mom and Dad,
We learned that the buffalo soldiers were some of the top
soldiers, but no one really cared until later.
Signed,
Angel M.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday we learned how to march like a buffalo solider.
We also learned how to play 19th century baseball, then we went
swimming at the pool.
Signed,
Derek
Dear Sister,
I learned that buffalo soldiers have lots of toys.
Signed,
Thomas R.
Dear Mom,
I learned about the buffalo soldiers and their way of
life and drills and 19th century baseball. You get to learn how to
whittle and lot of other stuff.
Signed,
Tyler H.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was whittling. Even though we did
not use wood, it was really fun.
Signed,
Ally C.
Dear Nicolas,
My favorite part of yesterday was the BB guns.
Signed,
Elijah H.
Dear Dad,
Today I played 19th century baseball. I wasn’t
really good at it though. But I got someone out so that counts I guess. Miss
you.
Signed,
Madelon C.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday we had buffalo soldiers day. We had five
stations that we rotated to each and learned about buffalo soldiers.
Signed,
Nick H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I learned a lot about the buffalo soldiers. I will tell
both of you all the cool things to do.
Signed,
Andrea S.
Dear Mom, Day and Ty,
Did you know that the Buffalo Soldiers saved many people
but the people treated them unfairly just because of their skin? And my
favorite activity was whittling, which the soldiers did in their free time.
Signed,
Jillian A.
Dear Henrietta,
On Wednesday we went to the pool again. We also learned
how to march and the positions of standing, moving with the guns. There were
people that came to tell us about buffalo soldiers. I loved shooting with a BB
gun. Miss you!
Signed,
Shastia A.
Dear Samantha,
I am learning so much. I weaved you a scarf. I learned
about how the buffalo soldiers got their names and spent their time. I bet
you’ll make a great guard dog!
Signed,
Antonio S.
Dear Ivan,
We learned how the buffalo soldiers entertain themselves
with games like 19th century baseball.
Signed,
Erica W.
Dear Dominique,
I have learned a lot from the buffalo soldiers like how
to march properly.
Signed,
Terrence R.
Dear Ccoyle, Dad and Mom,
We learned about the buffalo soldiers outfits and
clothing.
Signed,
Holden A.
Dear Family,
I learned how to march properly. My favorite thing was
swimming, because it was really hot.
Signed,
Morgan W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I liked the whittling and the drill and BB guns.
Signed,
Carmen G.
Dear Mom,
Today I had an awesome time with the buffalo soldiers. We
had a great time and I loved when we shot BB guns. I shot 35 cans.
Signed,
Delling D.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was the BB guns because I got a 10
hit streak. I also learned how to march like a buffalo soldier.
Signed,
James C.
Dear Mom,
I learned lots about the buffalo soldiers. My favorite
was 19th century baseball.
Signed,
Nicolas T.
Dear Bailey,
My favorite activity from Buffalo solider day would be
whittling. I am making a bear to give to Mr. Will (aka Fuzzy Wuzzy).
Signed,
Ashley W.
Dear JJ,
I got to make a pig out of soap, and got to play a game
called Feed The Chickens.
Signed,
Connie F.
Dear Mom,
The buffalo soldiers taught us to shoot BB guns. Buffalo
soldiers were black.
Signed,
Savannah B.
Dear Mom, Dad and Tyler,
Today I learned how to shoot BB guns and how to whittle
at home. I love and miss you.
Signed,
Samantha A.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Whittling was my favorite thing to do because we got to
draw out our sign and then carve it. I love you so much and miss you so much
more! See you soon!
Signed,
Jamie H.
1 Comments:
At June 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM ,
Carey said...
Savannah,
Sounds like you are learning a lot. Can you teach me how to wittle when you get home? How was your canoe trip?
Love Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home