} } Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp: Postcards from Camp: Thursday, June 27, 2013

Postcards from Camp - Old Stories New Voices Youth Camp

Texas youth are gathering for a week at Fort McKavett to learn about the rich cultural heritage of Texas. "Old Stories, New Voices" provides students the opportunity to experience Native American, Hispanic, African-American and Anglo contributions to the history and culture of Texas!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Postcards from Camp: Thursday, June 27, 2013

Company A
Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was boring all we did was paddle.
Signed,
Joseph C.

Dear Dad,
The canoe trip was terrible.  I lost my sunglasses.
Signed,
Zach R.

Dear Mom, Dad, & Terry,
I had fun on the canoe trip, except that we kept getting stuck on shallow water, but it was fun.
Love,
Arrial  E.

Dear Someone,
The canoe trip was really fun because there were many obstacles and we finished 1st, even though we started 2nd to last in our company.
Signed,
David D.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was really fun.  I love you a lot.  We saw spiders, and tree’s in the river too.
Signed,
Gaven A.

Dear Mom & Dad,
The canoe trip was alright.  I saw a raccoon.
Signed,
Clayton J.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun, we saw lots of things like, beavers, fish, and turtles.  We also learned about a night rat.
Love,
JaRayl P.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was not scary, but was fun.  It was fun canoeing on the water and talking with my friends.
Signed,
Will C.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was great, the food was good and it was long, but fun.
Signed,
Tyshun S.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was interesting, I can give it that.  A lot of bad things happened, but I did like that it was a challenge.
Signed,
Christian V.

Dear Family and Friends,
The canoe trip was so much fun!  For my first canoe trip it was really cool. Me, Mr. Lawrence, and Jerek,  who were in my canoe, flipped over a few times, but you have to get dirty somehow.
Signed,
Joscelyn A.

Dear Dad,
The canoe trip was fun.  I had a great time.  I want to do it again.
Signed,
Gracie W.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was fun but it was also scary.  It was fun because we fell in the water and got wet.  It was scary because there were spiders.
Signed,
Ivory  G.

Company C
Dear Family,
The canoe trip was awesome but scary.  For the first time, I think I did pretty good.  Can we go canoeing together?  I love you, see you tomorrow.
Signed,
Gavin B.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was pretty good, because we did not tip over once.  I wish I enjoyed it more the 1st time.
Signed,
Phillip N.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was boring.  We had a girl in our group and she was scared of spiders.  At one point, we had 2 spiders in our canoe, so it flipped it, and she was crying she was scared to death.
Signed,
Simon G.

Dear Family,
I love ya’ll and of course miss you too.  I can’t wait to see you.  I had lots of fun on the canoe trip.  We almost flipped the canoe.  I had fun camping also.
Signed,
Jasmin  S.
Dear Mom,
The canoe trip started pretty well then the girls didn’t want to paddle, so I stoop up and paddled by myself.
Signed,
Collyn S.

Dear Casey,
The canoe trip was very tiring.  The trip was also very fun.  It was great to be back in Junction.
Signed,
Cheyenne H.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was amazing.  I realized that I am awesome at canoeing.  It was scary sometimes when we were about to hit the wall.
Signed,
Samira S.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was awesome.  We went down a little way and flipped over two times and there was a spider in the boat on my shoulder, so I jumped and I almost fell off the boat, but I had fun!
Signed,
Mikayla H.

Dear Mandy,
The canoe trip was very fun.  We tipped over two times.  There were also spiders dropping from trees.  That really sucked for Makayla because she is afraid of spiders.
Signed,
Morgan T.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was kind of fun.  A few moments it was scary.  I also felt a little sick because we kept going back and forth.
Signed,
Alexandra V.

Dear Dad,
The canoe trip was scary.  The fear came from us falling over. I only have 1 day left.
Signed,
Diego M.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was so fun!  I didn’t fall over once! I liked going through the rapid water.  My boat was the 3rd to finish!
Signed,
Xavier A.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was very fun.  I was in a boat with Mr. Patrick and Xavier.  We didn’t flip over at all.  Also, the rapids were awesome.
Signed,
Daniel X.

Company B
The canoe trip was scary at one point, because we almost flipped over because of a rapid took us and we hit a wall.  The fun part was that we got to get out and swim some.
Signed,
Connie F.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun because we were going down the river and I slept on the way home.
Signed,
Savannah S.

Dear Mom & Dad,
The canoe trip was great, fun, exciting, and a bit aggravating.  Well anyway, I love and miss you.
XOXOXO
Jamie H.

Dear Bailey,
The canoe trip was a lot of fun.  James was my partner, and it was hard at times, but it was bunches of fun and I hope to go kayaking sometime.  I miss you.
Signed,
Ashley W.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Tyler,
The canoe trip was fun because we got wet and it was also a good workout for me.  Also, the trip was scary because there was a huge wolf spider in our boat and Ms. Arlene tipped us over to get away from it.  I miss you!
Signed,
Samantha A.

Dear Family,
The canoe trip was fun, but we got stuck on rocks a lot.
Signed,
Morgan W.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was kind of scary, but in the strong current it was fun.
Signed,
Carmen G.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was very fun and I did very well as a team member, that’s until we flipped and I lost my sunglasses.
Signed,
Terence R.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun.  We hit some walls, and got stuck lots of time.  I saw three thurtles and I saw snake, and at the end we tipped over.
Signed,
Nicolas T.

Dear Dad, Mom, and Ccoyle,
The canoe trip was fun, we got first place and were way ahead of everyone else.
Signed,
Holden A.

Company D
Dear Family,
The canoe trip was very fun, also it was long.  I was pretty good at rowing.
Signed,
Thomas R.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was really fun but we had some really hard turns.
Signed,
Nick H.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was very fun.  There were a lot of different kinds of spiders in our canoe.
Signed,
Elijah H.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun.  I liked it when we went fast down rapids.  I freaked out when we got sideways in a small passage.
Signed,
Angel M.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was really fun.  I got to ride with Mr. Steve.  We fished, and had a great time, and I got to learn how to ride in a canoe, the proper way.  I love you very much.
Signed,
Antonio S.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was fun, exciting and we went down rapids.  We saw lots of pretty wild life.
Love,
Derek  S.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was kind of scary and fun.  We almost flipped every time we got stuck in the rapids and was fixing to flip. 
Signed,
Tyler H.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Ty,
The canoe trip was fun.  We saw a water snake and baby turtles when we went down the river.  Maybe I can teach you guys how to canoe.
Signed,
Jillian A.

Dear Dad,
The canoe trip was scary at some points but fun at others.  It was scary when we hit a rock wall, but was fun seeing a baby turtle in the water.
Signed,
Erica W.

Dear Candice,
The canoe trip was really fun.  We all got wet and I didn’t get a sunburn.  I had a really fun time.  I can’t wait to see you.
Signed,
Madelon C.

Dear Mom and Dad,
The canoe trip was really fun and long.  At some points my partners and I were scared because of the deep water and tilting canoes.
Signed,
Andrea S.

Dear Mom,
The canoe trip was fun because there were a couple of rapids and rocks to get past.
Signed,
Aly C.

Dear Sunny,
The canoe trip was fun.  Jensen, Andrea, and I were too fast for the people in front of us.  When we weren’t in the canoe, we were floating down with our lifejackets and splashing each other. 
Signed,

Shastia A.  

14 Comments:

  • At June 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dear Aly C.,
    We get to see you tomorrow! We are excited to hear all about your camp when you get back. Chayton and Maddie say they love you and miss you too!

    Love Mom and Dad

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Carey said...

    Savannah,

    Was the canoe trip like New York? You slept on the way back? Sounds like a long busy day. Make sure your writing all about your stories in your Journal. I can't wait to read them!

    One more day!!! Wooohoo I'm counting down :D

    Love you from here to God and back!!
    Mom

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Chris V.,

    I'm glad you found the canoe trip a challenge - I think that's a good thing!...right?! :)

    You'll have to tell me what happened - you said "bad things", but I'll bet they aren't that bad!

    Anyway, you get to come home tomorrow and tell me all about your week and that's a good thing!

    Love you and miss you!
    MOM

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi Samantha & Jillian A.,

    I'm so glad y'all had a fantastic time on the canoe trip/campout! I am also thankful you are both back safe! Spiders & snakes, yikes!

    Can't wait to see you in less than 24 hours! Be thinking of where you want to go out to dinner. Praying for safe travels back home. :)

    Love & miss you bunches,

    Mom, Dad & Tyler XOXO

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    David D. Someone has read your post. Glad you finished 1st.



    Samantha A. We miss you to Princess. Glad the spider didn't get you. Love you always. - Daddy


    Jillian A. I would love for you to teach me how to canoe :). Looking forward to it Princess. Love Always, Daddy

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Nico,
    I'm so happy you like it! I'm proud of you! See ya home soon.......love ya
    Mom

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dear Nico, We have done a surprise for at home :)
    Maya

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey Nacho...ha...so Nico...we have a surprise waiting in your room for when you get home. I have been designing a combat robot...maybe when you get home we can start it. I've missed you lil bro, Michael and Maya are out numbering me. Uh...what else, what else, oh, I have some cool videos for you to see. Well, I can't wait till u get back.
    Signed, The Demon Lord (a.k.a. Diego)

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Nico, I forgot,
    Don't
    Forget
    To
    Be
    Awesome
    ~The Demon Lord~

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Aldana Family said...

    Joscelyn,
    I am soooo glad you enjoyed the canoe trip. I think flipping over was a great way to stay cool. I'm sure it had to be really hot out there.

    See you tomorrow!!
    Love MOM

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Aldana Family said...

    Xavier,
    How exciting to hear that your canoe came in 3rd and you NEVER flipped over. I bet you never imagined you were good at so many different things they showed you at camp. Canoe expert, Shinny Expert and Soldier. Wow I am so glad you had such great experiences at camp.
    See you Tomorrow
    Love MOM

     
  • At June 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Dear Zach R this is dad. Glad you are having fun!!! Don't worry about the sunglasses, they were cheap.

     
  • At June 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Bianca P. said...

    Gavin B! I miss you so much! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the canoe trip! if you lived it that much I will definitely go canoeing with you. I bet you will get to go canoeing when you go to Alaska next week! I bet Poppy will love it! see you soon!
    mom

     
  • At June 26, 2014 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    dear Hailey.H,
    we have been missing you and we are waiting for you to come home I miss you and I love you. dandy and Oscar keep waiting for you to walk through the door so they can jump all over you.
    love mollie xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home