Postcards from Camp: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Company B
Dear House,
Yesterday I did get to watch mariachis and dance in
front.
Signed,
Terrence R.
Dear Dad, Mom and Ccoyle,
Some of the heritage that I learned was that soldiers
carried flint and steel with them.
Signed,
Holden A.
Dear Family,
Yesterday, I learned that Hispanics have good music
skills.
Signed,
Moses S.
Dear Mom,
My favorite thing yesterday was making the tortillas because
they were good.
Signed,
“Bob” [James C.]
Dear Bailey,
My favorite activity was tortilla making. My tortillas were
round and delish! I miss y’all lots and I’ll see you Friday!
Signed,
Ashley W.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was painting retablos. I painted a
cross for someone.
Signed,
Savannah S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I made tortillas and min was as big as my face! I also
made retables and dug in the dirt trying to find objects. I love you and miss
you! I will see you soon.
Signed,
Jamie H.
Dear Mom, Dad and Tyler,
I miss you so much! Yesterday we played a game called
Clues in the Dirt. We pretended we were archeologists and we found a bone,
possibly from a bird.
Signed,
Samantha A.
Dear Mom,
We did tortillas. It was one of my favorite activities
because we got to roll the dough, put them on a grill and put cinnamon and
butter on it to eat!
Signed,
Nicolas T.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned about the Mexicans and how their solders
work and many other random things.
Singed,
Delling D.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got to paint a retablo and it has a brown background
and family in blue.
Signed,
Connie F.
Dear Mom and Dad,
WE got to do the flag raising and make tortillas, art out
of wood and clues in the dirt.
Signed,
Carmen G.
Dear Family,
Yesterday we had an awesome activity. We listened to the
mariachi band. I liked it because it involved music.
Signed,
Morgan W.
Company A
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday the thing I liked most was the mariachi band because
I like music. I can’t wait to see you in three days.
Love,
JaRayl P.
Dear Family and Friends,
I had too many favorite parts of yesterday! I loved
making tortillas, I loved painting retables, and I loved listening to mariachi
bands! So Mexican day was definitely my favorite day so far.
Signed,
Joscelyn A.
Dear Mom,
My favorite part of yesterday was when we visited a
different fort/mission because we went through some sort of maze.
Signed,
Joseph C.
Dear Mom, Dad and Jerry,
I love y’all and miss y’all! How is Rosi doing and baby
girl doing?
Love,
Arrial
Dear Dad,
Yesterday, I danced in a conga line during a song from a
mariachi band. It was fun because the songs were energizing.
Signed,
Batman
[Zachary R.]
Dear Mom and Dad,
We did retablos, that was my favorite thing! I love you
and miss you.
Love,
Clayton J.
Dear Someone,
Yesterday a band came and played and sang songs. It was
realy fun because we got to dance on stage! Also, one of them played the Harlem
shake!
Signed,
Someone/Me
[David D.]
Dear Family and Friends,
We saw a mariachi band and they were great. We also
painted and made tortillas, I made a corn and a flour tortilla and put butter
and cinnamon on them.
Signed,
Ivory G.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday was Hispanic Day and even though we did plenty
of fun activities, I think my favorite was making corn and flour tortillas!
Signed,
Christian V.
Dear Mom,
We made tortillas and then we got to eat them. One was
corn tortillas and the other one was flour tortillas.
Signed,
Tyshun S.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was the retablos, because it was
interesting to learn that it was an important part of Mexican culture.
Signed,
Gracie W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got to dance with a mariachi band. It was my favorite
because they did funny things.
Signed,
Will C.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was the mariachi band that came to
sing to us. It was really fun. Love you.
Signed,
Gaven A.
Company C
Dear Family,
Please send me an email, today
was really awesome. The week is going by
really fast and I can’t believe it. I
can’t wait to see you all. My favorite
was making the flour tortillas. I love
and miss you.
XOXOXO,
Jasmin S
Dear Family,
Today was Hispanic day. I enjoyed making flour tortillas because when
we added cinnamon they tasted great. I
miss you, only 4 more days of camp left.
Signed,
Daniel X.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Hispanic Heritage day was
awesome! First we went to the presidio
and a museum. Then we did an
archeological activity! My favorite was
of the week so far, was shinny. I was
the goalie and the music man, I made up cheers for our team. Our team won 6 to 0!
Signed,
Xavier A.
Dear Daddy and Family,
Yesterday we made wonderful
tortillas and we heard mariachi music and they were speaking Spanish and did
not know what the heck they were saying. I got to play shinny and the people
kept saything that I hit them and I started to cry because they were accusing
me of something when I was all the way on the other side of the field. I loved painting but I can’t explain why, I
just liked it. I don’t have much more room so I just want to say that I love
and miss you!
Signed,
Gavin B.
Dear Mom,
Making the tortillas were my
favorite. I loved my flour tortillas
with butter and cinnamon.
Signed,
Alexandra V.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday, I went to the
Menard museum, after that we went to the fort and found out how it looked like
back in 1757.
Signed,
Phillip N.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday was Hispanic
Heritage day and the mariachis came.
They are really great. I liked
their “Mariachi Traje,” it was black with red.
Signed,
Samira S.
Dear Mandy,
I saw a bunch of cool things
like old telephones, I also learned that the Hispanic heritage named a lot of
the roads and rivers. I even got to see
and walk in their presidio.
Signed,
Morgan T.
Dear Mom,
I learned how to do a Mexican
dance when the girls were playing. One
of them helped me with dancing it was cool!
Signed,
Mikayla H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
My favorite activity today was
the mariachi band because they played awesome music!
Signed,
Simon
Dear Mom,
We all had a lot of fun, but
one of my favorite things we did was dance with the mariachi band.
Signed,
Collyn S.
Dear Dad,
Yesterday was interesting, one
of my favorite activities was the mariachi band. Well, only three days left.
Signed,
Diego M.
Company D
Dear Elvis,
We learned that they there are
bands called mariachis.
Signed,
Erica W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I went to Menard, and got to
visit the museum and the presidio. I got
to make corn and flour toritillas.
Signed,
Andrea S.
Dear Mom,
Making tortillas was the most
fun, and I can teach you how to do it when I get home.
Signed,
Tyler H.
Dear Dad,
My favorite thing was the
mariachi band, it was so funny, during the song the guys would sometimes flirt
with the girls and Mr. Buddy was having some fun too.
Signed,
Elijah H.
Dear Family,
I learned how to make
tortillas, corn and flour ones. I’m
fine, don’t worry about me.
Signed,
Thomas R.
Dear Mom, Dad, and Ty,
Yesterday we learned out to
make corn and flour tortillas. We also
made retablo (paintings on a wood block).
I loved the mariachi band, they were amazing!
Signed,
Jillian A.
Dear Mom,
Of all the Hispanic heritage
activities my favorite was the tortilla making station because it was fun and
the flour tortillas were delicious.
Signed,
Aly C.
Dear Kira,
On Tuesday, we made our own
tortillas. They were really tasty! We
also listened to a mariachi band, they had violins, and danced along with
them. We went to the Presidio and
painted a retablo. My retablo has
chickens!
Signed,
Shastia A.
Dear Nicholas,
I learned how to make
tortillas yesterday. I will teach you
how to make them when I get home. I mish
you very much, and I will see you soon.
Signed,
Antonio S.
Antonio S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday we made
tortillas. First we made dough, then we
rolled them out. After that, we cooked
them, and put butter and Cinnamon on them.
It was good!
Signed,
Nick H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday I painted a
retablo. I also made flour and corn
tortillas and went to Menard to visit a museum and the Presidio.
Love,
Derek S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
We made tortillas on Hispanic
heritage day. It was my favorite because
we got to put cinnamon and sugar on them to eat.
Signed,
Angel M.
Dear Dad,
Today I made tortillas. They were super yummy. I can’t wait to come home and make them for
you.
Signed,
Madelon C.
Dear House,
Yesterday I did get to watch mariachis and dance in
front.
Signed,
Terrence R.
Dear Dad, Mom and Ccoyle,
Some of the heritage that I learned was that soldiers
carried flint and steel with them.
Signed,
Holden A.
Dear Family,
Yesterday, I learned that Hispanics have good music
skills.
Signed,
Moses S.
Dear Mom,
My favorite thing yesterday was making the tortillas because
they were good.
Signed,
“Bob” [James C.]
Dear Bailey,
My favorite activity was tortilla making. My tortillas were
round and delish! I miss y’all lots and I’ll see you Friday!
Signed,
Ashley W.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was painting retablos. I painted a
cross for someone.
Signed,
Savannah S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I made tortillas and min was as big as my face! I also
made retables and dug in the dirt trying to find objects. I love you and miss
you! I will see you soon.
Signed,
Jamie H.
Dear Mom, Dad and Tyler,
I miss you so much! Yesterday we played a game called
Clues in the Dirt. We pretended we were archeologists and we found a bone,
possibly from a bird.
Signed,
Samantha A.
Dear Mom,
We did tortillas. It was one of my favorite activities
because we got to roll the dough, put them on a grill and put cinnamon and
butter on it to eat!
Signed,
Nicolas T.
Dear Mom,
Today I learned about the Mexicans and how their solders
work and many other random things.
Singed,
Delling D.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got to paint a retablo and it has a brown background
and family in blue.
Signed,
Connie F.
Dear Mom and Dad,
WE got to do the flag raising and make tortillas, art out
of wood and clues in the dirt.
Signed,
Carmen G.
Dear Family,
Yesterday we had an awesome activity. We listened to the
mariachi band. I liked it because it involved music.
Signed,
Morgan W.
Company A
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday the thing I liked most was the mariachi band because
I like music. I can’t wait to see you in three days.
Love,
JaRayl P.
Dear Family and Friends,
I had too many favorite parts of yesterday! I loved
making tortillas, I loved painting retables, and I loved listening to mariachi
bands! So Mexican day was definitely my favorite day so far.
Signed,
Joscelyn A.
Dear Mom,
My favorite part of yesterday was when we visited a
different fort/mission because we went through some sort of maze.
Signed,
Joseph C.
Dear Mom, Dad and Jerry,
I love y’all and miss y’all! How is Rosi doing and baby
girl doing?
Love,
Arrial
Dear Dad,
Yesterday, I danced in a conga line during a song from a
mariachi band. It was fun because the songs were energizing.
Signed,
Batman
[Zachary R.]
Dear Mom and Dad,
We did retablos, that was my favorite thing! I love you
and miss you.
Love,
Clayton J.
Dear Someone,
Yesterday a band came and played and sang songs. It was
realy fun because we got to dance on stage! Also, one of them played the Harlem
shake!
Signed,
Someone/Me
[David D.]
Dear Family and Friends,
We saw a mariachi band and they were great. We also
painted and made tortillas, I made a corn and a flour tortilla and put butter
and cinnamon on them.
Signed,
Ivory G.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday was Hispanic Day and even though we did plenty
of fun activities, I think my favorite was making corn and flour tortillas!
Signed,
Christian V.
Dear Mom,
We made tortillas and then we got to eat them. One was
corn tortillas and the other one was flour tortillas.
Signed,
Tyshun S.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was the retablos, because it was
interesting to learn that it was an important part of Mexican culture.
Signed,
Gracie W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got to dance with a mariachi band. It was my favorite
because they did funny things.
Signed,
Will C.
Dear Mom,
My favorite activity was the mariachi band that came to
sing to us. It was really fun. Love you.
Signed,
Gaven A.
Company C
Dear Family,
Please send me an email, today
was really awesome. The week is going by
really fast and I can’t believe it. I
can’t wait to see you all. My favorite
was making the flour tortillas. I love
and miss you.
XOXOXO,
Jasmin S
Dear Family,
Today was Hispanic day. I enjoyed making flour tortillas because when
we added cinnamon they tasted great. I
miss you, only 4 more days of camp left.
Signed,
Daniel X.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Hispanic Heritage day was
awesome! First we went to the presidio
and a museum. Then we did an
archeological activity! My favorite was
of the week so far, was shinny. I was
the goalie and the music man, I made up cheers for our team. Our team won 6 to 0!
Signed,
Xavier A.
Dear Daddy and Family,
Yesterday we made wonderful
tortillas and we heard mariachi music and they were speaking Spanish and did
not know what the heck they were saying. I got to play shinny and the people
kept saything that I hit them and I started to cry because they were accusing
me of something when I was all the way on the other side of the field. I loved painting but I can’t explain why, I
just liked it. I don’t have much more room so I just want to say that I love
and miss you!
Signed,
Gavin B.
Dear Mom,
Making the tortillas were my
favorite. I loved my flour tortillas
with butter and cinnamon.
Signed,
Alexandra V.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday, I went to the
Menard museum, after that we went to the fort and found out how it looked like
back in 1757.
Signed,
Phillip N.
Dear Mom,
Yesterday was Hispanic
Heritage day and the mariachis came.
They are really great. I liked
their “Mariachi Traje,” it was black with red.
Signed,
Samira S.
Dear Mandy,
I saw a bunch of cool things
like old telephones, I also learned that the Hispanic heritage named a lot of
the roads and rivers. I even got to see
and walk in their presidio.
Signed,
Morgan T.
Dear Mom,
I learned how to do a Mexican
dance when the girls were playing. One
of them helped me with dancing it was cool!
Signed,
Mikayla H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
My favorite activity today was
the mariachi band because they played awesome music!
Signed,
Simon
Dear Mom,
We all had a lot of fun, but
one of my favorite things we did was dance with the mariachi band.
Signed,
Collyn S.
Dear Dad,
Yesterday was interesting, one
of my favorite activities was the mariachi band. Well, only three days left.
Signed,
Diego M.
Company D
Dear Elvis,
We learned that they there are
bands called mariachis.
Signed,
Erica W.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I went to Menard, and got to
visit the museum and the presidio. I got
to make corn and flour toritillas.
Signed,
Andrea S.
Dear Mom,
Making tortillas was the most
fun, and I can teach you how to do it when I get home.
Signed,
Tyler H.
Dear Dad,
My favorite thing was the
mariachi band, it was so funny, during the song the guys would sometimes flirt
with the girls and Mr. Buddy was having some fun too.
Signed,
Elijah H.
Dear Family,
I learned how to make
tortillas, corn and flour ones. I’m
fine, don’t worry about me.
Signed,
Thomas R.
Dear Mom, Dad, and Ty,
Yesterday we learned out to
make corn and flour tortillas. We also
made retablo (paintings on a wood block).
I loved the mariachi band, they were amazing!
Signed,
Jillian A.
Dear Mom,
Of all the Hispanic heritage
activities my favorite was the tortilla making station because it was fun and
the flour tortillas were delicious.
Signed,
Aly C.
Dear Kira,
On Tuesday, we made our own
tortillas. They were really tasty! We
also listened to a mariachi band, they had violins, and danced along with
them. We went to the Presidio and
painted a retablo. My retablo has
chickens!
Signed,
Shastia A.
Dear Nicholas,
I learned how to make
tortillas yesterday. I will teach you
how to make them when I get home. I mish
you very much, and I will see you soon.
Signed,
Antonio S.
Antonio S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday we made
tortillas. First we made dough, then we
rolled them out. After that, we cooked
them, and put butter and Cinnamon on them.
It was good!
Signed,
Nick H.
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday I painted a
retablo. I also made flour and corn
tortillas and went to Menard to visit a museum and the Presidio.
Love,
Derek S.
Dear Mom and Dad,
We made tortillas on Hispanic
heritage day. It was my favorite because
we got to put cinnamon and sugar on them to eat.
Signed,
Angel M.
Dear Dad,
Today I made tortillas. They were super yummy. I can’t wait to come home and make them for
you.
Signed,
Madelon C.
7 Comments:
At June 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM ,
Unknown said...
Samantha, So glad you had fun and we miss and love you very much.
Jillian, Looking forward to some home made tortillas. Glad you're having fun. We love and miss you very much.
I'm sure both of you have lots of new things to teach me.
Love Always, Daddy
At June 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM ,
Carey said...
Hi Baby (Savannah S.),
I'm glad you had fun painting your Retablos. Is that someone me? Don't worry I won't tell Daddy :P I can't wait to see you in a few days! We have a big surprise for you! :D
We love you so much!
Love Mom
At June 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM ,
Unknown said...
Morgan T,
We are glad you are having a lot of fun at camp. You will have to make tortillas for us one day! We love and miss you bunches.
Love,
Taylor & Mom
At June 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM ,
Unknown said...
Chris V.,
I'm glad you are having fun! I'm also happy
That you liked making tortillas!
I hope you are taking your showers! :)
Love you!
Mom
At June 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM ,
Aldana Family said...
Joscelyn,
I am so thrilled that Hispanic heritage day was your favorite. I can't wait till you come home so we can make some flour tortillas. Everyone is going to want you to make them some. I am glad you enjoyed and celebrated a day that belongs to your own heritage. You make me very proud. Look forward to your posts about canoe day. Good luck and don't forget the sunscreen and sunglasses.
Love you
Mom, Dad, Matt and Bolt
At June 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM ,
Aldana Family said...
Xavier, WoW archeological dig, a winning team, shinny that is just so much excitement in one day. So you were the music man, that must have been so much fun. Wish I could have been there to watch you do your thing. I hope you remember how to play shinny, so you can show us how to play. I am glad your having such a great time. I am so relieved. Hope you have a great time the rest of the week and be sure to write all the great details. lots of friends and family are reading your posts.
Love you
Mom Dad Matt and bolt
At June 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hi JaRayl, I am so glad I finally got to see pictures of you. It looks like you are having fun. Keep having a great time and don't forget to write in your Journal so I can read about everything. Have fun on the campout tomorrow.
Love you man....Momma
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home