Journal: First Day at Camp, Sunday, June 22, 2014
Company D
I have never been to camp before. I feel happy because I made new friends. I am excited because I have met Carter, AJ, Chloe, Avery, Alyssa, Taylor, Moses, Chase, Carmen, Clowey, James, and Jake.
C hloe H.
This camp is really different from all the other camps I
have been to because this is the most educational and the one with the most
things to do. I am excited to learn new things and meet new friends. In my
company I have met Avery, Clowey, Taylor, Carmen, Alyssa, Carter, Moses, James,
Jake, AJ, Chris, and Chase.
Chase L.
This is my first time at camp but I am already making new
friends and learning a lot of games. I am excited to learn new things and I
have already made new friends. Their names are Carter, AJ, Bob, Moses, Chris,
Jake, Avery, James, Clowey, Carmen, Alyssa, Taylor, and Chloe.
This is my first camp and it’s better than I thought. I’m feeling really great about this camp. It’s better than I ever imagined. I don’t know everyone in my company but, I’m really excited to meet them and learn new things.
This is my first time at camp, but honestly I have no idea what I’m feeling. I am not that excited to meet new friends but the people are nice. My company includes: Sabrina, Morgan, Maddie, Crystal, Mr. Lawrence, and Toni Rose.
Drew L.
I have never been to camp before. I am feeling excited
about meeting new people, having fun, and making memories. I have met new
friends, Memorie, Camron, Ruby, Alcia, Jake, and Antonio.
Jordan F.
I have never been to camp before, but it seems real fun
and awesome to be here. I met Mr. Will,
Cameron, Antonio, Joseph, and Jake are some new friends I have met at camp.
Joseph C.
I have been to camp before, and I am excited about all my
new friends. Jake likes to play football. Kael likes to put salt in most of his
food.
Kael C.
This is my first time at camp, and I like the way
everything is hands on. I am really excited to learn what they are talking
about. I am also trying to make new friends.
Joseph likes to throw Frisbee. Alex is a non-athlete but I can play
chess with him.
Alex C.
I have been at camp before, but am feeling a little home
sick. I met Kale and he likes to make stick houses.
Alicia L.
I have been at camp before, but this one has more
learning than the other ones that I have been too. Also at camp I went to bed
at 10:30 and woke up at 6:30 the next morning. I am excited to learn new
things. We have 7 boys and 6 girls in
our company. Some of the girls are Memorie, Drew, and myself.
Anika Q.
I have been to other camps before, but OSNV is different
because it feels like you are living at the fort. It is the same because it is really fun and
you get to meet a lot of new people. I am really excited to learn new things
and meet new friends. Some of my new friends in Company D are: Andrea, Savana,
Antonio, and many, many more.
Cameron L.
I am feeling great on my first day of camp. I am in Company D. It’s not so bad once you get used to it. I am
really excited to meet new friends.
Andrea S.
I have been to camp before and this camp isn’t like the
others. It’s much greater. Five minutes of this camp is more fun than one whole
day at another camp. This is my second
time here and I’m glad to get to do it again. I’m excited to learn more things.
I have met a lot of friends. There are a lot of people in my company like
Anika, Drew, Jake, Alex, Ruby, Memorie, and many more. Company D counselors are Miss Arlene, Mr.
Will, and Miss Savanah.
Ruby R-D.
This camp has been really fun for the time I have been
here. I have made some new friends.
There are 7 boys and 7 girls and Miss Arlene and Mr. Will.
Antonio S.
This camp is different from Boy Scout camp because it has
toilets and showers. The whole theme is soldiers. I have met some new friends, Jordan, Alicia,
Ruby, and Drew. They are in my company.
Memorie L.
This camp feels fun because we get to do fun stuff like
go swimming and will get to see a real Indian dance. Plus, I made a new friend
and her name is Ruby. I have also met Alicia.
My favorite camp counselor is Miss. Arlene.
Jake B.
I have been to camp before. This camp is different from other
camps I have been too. My other camp had a zip line and this one doesn’t but
this camp has journal writing and the other one doesn’t. I have met Kael and
Joseph, there are a few people in my company. Kael and I like to play football
during our free time.
Company C
Christopher Y.I have never been to camp before. I feel happy because I made new friends. I am excited because I have met Carter, AJ, Chloe, Avery, Alyssa, Taylor, Moses, Chase, Carmen, Clowey, James, and Jake.
James C.
I have been to camp before but it was not overnight. I am
excited because I met new people in my company. They are AJ, Chloe, Moses,
Carter, Christopher, Jake, Chase, Carmen, Clowey, Alyssa, Avery, and Taylor.
Avery A.
I have not been to a camp before. I am getting more
comfortable as time goes by but since this is my first time I am still a little
shy and awkward. I am excited to learn and meet new people. The people in my
company are Clowey, Taylor, Carmen, Alyssa, Carter, Moses, James, Jake, Chloe,
AJ, Christopher, and Chase.
Carter W.
This is my first time at an overnight camp and I am kind
of nervous. I am excited about learning how to canoe. The people in my company
are Chris, Chase, AJ, James, Moses, Jake, Clowey, Alyssa, Avery, Carmen, Chloe,
and Taylor.
AJ H.
I have never been to a camp before. I am really excited
to learn new things. I have already met James, Moses, Carter, Chase, Jake,
Clowey, Alyssa, Avery, Chris, Carmen, Chloe, and Taylor.
Jake C.
This is my first time going to camp. I feel like it is
going to be busy and fun. I can’t wait to go swimming. I am excited to learn
about new things and meet new friends. The people in my company are Moses, Bob,
Chloe, AJ, Carter, Chase, Jake, Carmen, Clowey, Alyssa, Taylor, and Avery.
Taylor S.
I have never spent the night at a camp or been to a
history camp before. I am excited to learn and meet new people. I have met others
in my company. Their names are Clowey, Avery, Carmen, Ally, AJ, Jake, Moses,
James, Chase, Carter, Chloe, Brandon, Jeri, Jensen, and Eric.
Carmen G.
I have been to this camp before. I am excited to learn
new things. I have met so many new friends. The people in my company are Alyssa,
Taylor, Avery, Chloe, Moses, James, AJ, Jake, Chase, Clowey, and Carter.
Moses S.
This is my second time at camp and I feel excited. I am
excited to learn things and meet new people. I have already met Jake, James, Chloe,
Carter, Chase, AJ, Chris, Carmen, Taylor, Avery, Clowey, and Alyssa.
Clowey F.
I feel happy because I am having a lot of fun at camp. I
have met Chloe, Taylor, Avery, Alyssa, Carmen, AJ, Chris, Carter, Moses, James,
Jake, and Chase.
Alyssa T.
This is my first time at camp. I feel like I am going to
have lots of fun at this camp but I also miss my family. I have already met
Carmen, Taylor, Clowey, Avery, Alyssa, Chloe, Moses, Jake, AJ, Chase, James, Carter,
and Christopher.
Company A
Chris L. This is my first camp and it’s better than I thought. I’m feeling really great about this camp. It’s better than I ever imagined. I don’t know everyone in my company but, I’m really excited to meet them and learn new things.
Chris B.
I am happy because I get to play football with my
friends.
Kevin M.
It’s awesome here. The food is good too. My company is
Company A and we have lots of kids too!
Derek S.
This is my second time at camp. You get to stay and sleep
at a historic site. Xavier and Kevin are in my company, I’m also in Company A.
Sarah A.
I went to Education in Action and it is different from
this camp because we did things indoors. I am in A Company, and it has Maddie,
Erica, Brianna, Natalie, Gwen, and Derek.
Natalie L.
No, I’ve never gone to camp before. I miss my sisters,
and I don’t know anybody so it’s kind of hard for me! I like the food though! I’m
really excited to meet new people and new things! People in my company are
Brianna, Derek, Chris, and more people!
Brianna R.
No, I have
never been to camp before. I am feeling very full and cold right now. I am
looking forward for today. Yes I am excited to learn new things and meet new
friends. My best friend Natalie is in my company and Erica, Maddie, Gia, Kevin,
Vi-Ann, Sarah, Derek, and Xavier are in my company.
Maddie G.
I have been to camp before but not this one. Other camps
we sleep on beds and don’t raise a flag. I’m feeling as if I’m going to be
eaten alive by bugs!! I am very excited to meet new friends and learn new things. My friends are Erica and Sarah. Other people
are Gia, Brianna, Natalie, Xavier, Derek, Vi-Ann, Chris, and Kevin.
Erica W.
This is my second time at camp so it’s the same except
now I love the showers!! I am very excited to learn and meet new stuff. Maddie, Sarah, Derek, Gia, Brianna, Natalie,
Vi-Ann, Xavier, Chris, and Kevin are in my company.
Xavier A.
This camp is different because we get to stay in a
military fort. I’m very excited to learn new things.
Vi-Ann D.
No, I haven’t been to this camp before. I love this camp.
It is awesome. I’m very excited to learn new things and meet new friends. Erica,
Maddie, Gia, Kevin, and Chris are in my company.
Gia M.
My first time at camp was really going great! I thought I
was going to be homesick but now I’m not. I’m having a good time. I’m very
excited to learn new things and new people. Brianna, Maddie, and Vi-Ann are in
my company.
Company B
Trinitee A.This is my first time at camp, but honestly I have no idea what I’m feeling. I am not that excited to meet new friends but the people are nice. My company includes: Sabrina, Morgan, Maddie, Crystal, Mr. Lawrence, and Toni Rose.
Sabrina R.
This is my first camp and I’m feeling pretty
homesick. I think I am just a little
nervous because I don’t know what to expect. I am looking forward to meeting
new people and trying new things. In my company I have Morgan, Hailey, Trinitee,
my camp counselors, and a few other people.
Joseph G.
This is my 3rd camp. I went to camp J.O.L.T. We spent the night, went on a giant swing,
and went rock climbing. My counselors
include Toni Rose, Crystal, and Lawrence.
Cullen B.
This camp is different from others I have attended. I am learning the history of Fort
McKavett. I am excited to meet new
friends, so of the people in my company are Phil, Sabrina, Brian, and Haden.
Bekah B.
I am having so much fun even though I have never been to
camp before. I am excited to learn. I have met Brian, Phil, Cullen, Morgan, Sabrina,
Hailey, Connie, and Trinitee.
Phillip N.
This is the 3rd time I have attended this
camp. I have met Cullen, Brian, Bekah,
Morgan, and Sabrina.
Hayden H.
We woke up, straightened up our cots, which got inspected,
then we raised the flag. Our company got picked to do that. Then we ate lunch and then started out
journals. I am excited to learn and I
have made some friends, like Cullen and Bryan.
I am having lots of fun.
Hailey H.
I have been to many other camps, but I would have to say
that this one is different for its unique history and showering system. I am very excited to meet many new people,
and learn new things. Also my company
has many wonderful people. Their names
are Trinitee, Sabrina, Morgan, Connie, and many more.
Brian Y.
I like this camp because there are ruins and every
building is from way back then. There
are also a lot of port-a-potties. I have
met new friends; Phil, Bekah, Cullen, Batman, Morgan, Conie, Trinitee, Sabrina,
and Haile.
Conie F.
I like this camp and have learned a lot of history and
how people used to live. I have met
Morgan, Bekah, and Phil.
Morgan W.
I have been to camp before. This camp is different from
others because at this camp my mom is not here, and I do not know the
counselors. I am very excited to learn
new things and meet friends. Some people
in my company are from my school and some are not. I know my friend Sabrina and Hailey. Labels: 2014
15 Comments:
At June 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM ,
Chevie Griggers said...
Clowey F .... We are glad you are happy and making friends. Love you! Mom & Drew
At June 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM ,
Unknown said...
Miss You Erica!! Have Fun!
At June 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM ,
Rachel A. said...
Joseph G. I would like to hear how you feel about your experience, like what you are liking, and if you've made friends. We love you, mom and Mike.
At June 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM ,
Unknown said...
Ally T
We miss you to "the bean", keep on giving us updates, I am glad u like it! Did u have a good 1st night.. Now that u know what a cot is?
At June 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM ,
Unknown said...
I love you Drew! I am so proud of you trying new things! Mommy
At June 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM ,
queen bee said...
Hello campers I am glad to hear you all are adjusting well. I'm also glad to hear that Gia is surrounded by an awesome group of kids. Have fun everyone and make as many friends as you can. Love you Gia!
The Mejias
At June 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM ,
Monica Martinez said...
Jordan I'm so happy you're having fun at camp. Now I can tell you how much I miss you!!! Grandpa's so bored without you. We love you! :-)
At June 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM ,
Unknown said...
We miss you Trinitee!!! Enjoy yourself.
At June 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM ,
Unknown said...
Morgan -- I know your doing great. I hope you get to know your counselor. I'm proud of you. Love Mom
At June 22, 2014 at 10:42 PM ,
lkboettger said...
Cullen and Chris B;
Glad y'all are enjoying yourselves and making friends. Your sister misses you and asked where you were. Love y'all!!
Mom, Dad and Vivi
At June 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM ,
Unknown said...
Bekah...we are so excited for you and glad you are having fun. We miss you but want you to have fun and enjoy this opportunity. Dad has not cried...and mugs is happy too. Saw you in 2 pics!
Love you..xoxo
mom, dad and mugs and drac
At June 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM ,
Unknown said...
Good morning Chris, Chase and Cameron the kids here want to tell you all hello and they miss you like I do. We hope that you all have a great day and learn a lot today. I Love You all. Granny
At June 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM ,
Unknown said...
Hi Chris Chase and Cameron. I hope all is well with you and that you all are having a great time. Love Granny
At June 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM ,
Unknown said...
Hi, Chloe H.
Hope you learn a lot! Can't wait to see you.
Love, Melanie
At June 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM ,
Unknown said...
Alicia L - glad you're having fun and the food is good! LOL. Miss you.
Mom ��
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home